[41.73][SP Vanilla] Double wide furniture inconsitent dissasembly/pick up and double menu items

CannedRat

There are a few types of furniture that covers two squares that when right click to disassemble has a duplicate menu item. But there are a couple that I have found that do not do this.  So it seems inconsistent.

Example

Long blue bench seat in diners

Long bleached table in diners

Picnic bench

The other side of this problem is double wide furniture sometimes breaks only half when it should disassemble/pick up the whole peice.

Low shelves

Big wooden desks. 

This makes moving these low shelves a bit of clanger for immersion.  I can understand picking up a whole desk should be a weird experience.  :-)

Edited by CannedRat

• CannedRat changed the title to [41.73][SP Vanilla] Double wide furniture inconsitent dissasembly/pick up and double menu items

Such furniture occupies 2 (or more) tiles and as char can use either to initiate pick up / disassemble you see two options. If a char can only access one tile of such piece there will only be one option. If a piece of furniture produces multiple pieces when picking it up - think beds, dining tables, etc - one of those pieces can break (you might have picked up a mattress but broke a the base for example) so you only get one part of the set. 

I think I have figured this out, The double menu only happens when the mouse is close to the boundary between the two sections of the furniture.  See screenshots below.  

I do not think it has anything to do with access to the pieces.  As you can see below, I have complete access to all sides of the desk. Its only when I find the right spot with the mouse that I can get the double menu to show up.

20220826082251_1.jpg

20220826082259_1.jpg

20220826082325_1.jpg

This sequence of screenshots also illustrates the other problem of being able to disassemble half a desk at a time.  One part is a container with items in it.  The other half of the desk is able to be disassembled.  Ditto with the low bookshelf.  You can disassemble half of it and leave the other half just hanging there.  Really janky. 

In summary, the principle I am trying to articulate is "All or nothing".  I expect to be able to interact with a "desk"  not two discreet tiles.  This is the case with lots of multi-tile furniture, but these examples break that expectation. 

Another example of this class of bug is the floor mats.  When I try to pick them up, I have to interact with 6 distinct tiles rather than picking up 1 "mat" that covers 2x3 tiles.  (I recognise that the map editor may need to lay the tiles down individually, but within the logic of the game, the character is dealing with furniture, not iso tiles.)     

20220826083001_1.jpg

Edited by CannedRat