PZWorldEd Error "The Tileset.txt file doesn't exist"

Cpt.Flapjack

Cpt.Flapjack reporting with equipment issues when field testing our new gear!

I've always enjoyed the idea of player made contents, and maps especially! So I decided to give one of my favorite game's editors a try! Unfortunately I keep getting this error!

post-7283-0-70889300-1392758747_thumb.jp

The file in question IS inside the same folder as the PzWorldEd executable is! Could someone help me out here? I can't wait to map to my hearts content!

I apologize for 2 things:

1)I don't know how to use the spoilers feature so the picture isn't just BAM-IN-YO-FACE

2)If this question has been asked before, I have looked!

So as much as I've tried to get WorldEd to read the silly Tileset.txt (which was in the right place) and it refused to work, so I spent a good 4 hours tinkering around with the whole tools folder, and I managed to get it working :D

At first I had thought that maybe the tools folder had to be in a specific location (it resided at my desktop, and that is where it is now). So I tried moving it about, inside the PZ folder in steam, as well as a few other places but nothing seemed to work! In the end, it wasn't a problem of where my folders were, but where the program thought they should be!

So here is how I did it, in case anyone else has this troublesome issue:

1. Locate the config.exe

If you've left everything the way windows extracts it " ZomboidMapTools1_1 >> tools >> TileZed " The config.exe should be in this folder

2. Run the config executable, it's a simple window that shows you the config directory. For me, the config directory was:

"c:\Users\Cpt.Flapjack\.TileZed"

3. Change this to the current location of the config.exe

I.e "c:\Users\Cpt.Flapjack\Desktop\ZomboidMapTools1_1\tools\TileZed" which is where it is for me

This worked for me, and I'm going to start reading Thuztor's guide and make myself a nice map, or at least a house.. Thanks for the help Jela331, you helped me rule out some possibilities!

• 1 year later...

Thank you!  This very helpful.  I was about to start mapping for the first time, act as though I was a modder and...!  This fricken error.  Thank you, again.  If it wasn't for this, I would have given up before I even really could get the program to run!