Weird Glitch - Invisible Zombies

Bullet_Magnate

Had something new happen today -- a few zombies were approaching my character, and I could hear them and see their shadows, but the zeds themselves were not rendering.  They were essentially "invisible" except for their shadows.  Fortunately I was able to gauge distance based on the shadows, and was able to fight them that way.  This went on for maybe 10-20 seconds, and then they suddenly appeared / became visible and the game seemed to run normally.  

Bringing this up here first (instead of filing as a bug report) because I use a number of mods, so I'm not sure if this is a PZ issue or a mod issue.  Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, and (if so) whether it was in a vanilla or modded game.  

Well, from what I've seen on these forums, the number one recommendation is to play without mods. So many of them are broken, due to the nature of a game which updates constantly. Even many popular mods break the game in odd ways without notice, usually due to updates. Must be hellacious for mod devs, but good training nonetheless.

Archived