Adrenaline Junkie & Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic Combo Change

Xeonalis

In the coming patch a change listed that "Set some traits to be mutually exclusive to remove exploits or illogical combinations: Brave & Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic; Adrenaline Junkie & Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic/Cowardly." is being made, seeing as "Adrenaline Junkie" will have less use not being able to combo it, and it already having less use over time as you put days/kills onto Survivors and they in turn are losing their panick they get faster hence losing your Adrenaline Junkie's trait passive faster. With that being said I suggest with this change it EITHER should option A. have a trait point cost reduction as it's a trait that's on the higher end costing 8 points, to me 8 points for a trait that on its own over time starts to fade or is active less/not always active is ALOT, hell 8 points for a trait(s) that DON'T fade away and are ALWAYS active is still alot but of course worth it, OR B. personally i'd instead like to see the "Adrenaline Junkie & Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic" combo stay in the game rather than Adrenaline Junkie have it's point cost reduced like i suggested or it just end up becoming a niche that doesn't really get much use if no change is made, personally I think trading panicked speed for reduced accuracy, reduced vision, reduced critcal, reduced push/knockdown chance, reduced knockback on melee hits and lastly reduced melee dmg doesn't really seem all that OP or like an exploit to me, sure im fast as hell and can out"walk" all non sprinter zombies while outside but i also struggle more fighting or shooting them then the slowpokes who don't use the combo. I can understand the other change of not being able to pick brave with Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic this isn't really abotu that BUT Adrenaline Junkie WAS BORN for Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic even if that wasn't it's intended use I find it super fun being fast while panicked and hope it stays in the game! Lmk your thoughts.

TL;DR: I WANNA GO FAST, PANICKED BUT FAST

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, Xeonalis said:

illogical combinations: Brave & Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic

Yeah that's dumb. Just because you have a phobia it doesn't mean that you can't be a courageous person.

quote-courage-is-not-the-absence-of-fear-but-the-mastery-of-it-mark-twain-81-29-17.jpg.a8c8c2fa0fb6e60dfbb5c157abc08b3e.jpg

Also, maybe the adrenaline junkie trait should just be renamed or reworked to make more sense. I mean, if you start moving faster when you are scared that doesn't mean you are a thrill seeker it just means that when you get scared you really run for your life (which is most people in real life tbh). Maybe it should be called "Fight or Flight" instead.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:29 AM, Ridick said:

Yeah that's dumb. Just because you have a phobia it doesn't mean that you can't be a courageous person.

Agreed, just because spiders and caves scare me doesn't mean that I don't have courage to face my mother when I broke her vase... or if zombies came at me. 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:29 PM, Ridick said:

Agreed.  Bravery is a virtue and it is basically the ability to perform morally correct actions despite the presence of fear. 

You should have fear running into a burning house to save a person, but you don't let fear overwhelm your ability to stand firm in your convictions to act correctly.

Archived