Set spawnitems rule at server startup / afterwards

yabis

Hello all you lucky zombie survivors!

I have a server where every time I reinstall (restart) I have the problem of not having settings of loot and zombie behavior and other settings that you can normally set individually in single player mode. I can't do that with my online server.

Now my question to you guys. Can I still adjust the settings in a file after a restart?

Is there a way to delete all items that are already spawned in crates (I mean then of course all items).

Thanks a lot for your support.

Translated with deepl. can not speak English.

Edited by yabis

On 8/20/2022 at 4:05 AM, Ridick said:

The file you are looking for is map_sand.bin

do you happen to know if it is possible to provide *generated* furniture with item spawn settings or how to make items spawn into such *generated* furniture?

thanks for your answer.

translated with deepl

1 hour ago, yabis said:

do you happen to know if it is possible to provide *generated* furniture with item spawn settings or how to make items spawn into such *generated* furniture?

thanks for your answer.

translated with deepl

It's controlled by "Project Zomboid\media\lua\server\Items\Distributions.lua" I think.

The way I understand your post, it sounds to me like you wish to tweak the Sandbox Settings within a fresh multiplayer server. 

I encountered a similar issue. I would spawn in as admin, but the settings would always be default with no in-game options to tweak sandbox settings before spawning. Therefore, areas around the admin character's spawn would not have the values I wanted, such as container loot and zombies, even after changing in-game. 

Solution: wipe server. Start fresh and edit /Server/pzserver_SandboxVars.lua file before spawning characters. Make sure to restart server after making changes, so that the changes go live. 

Dedicated servers use the same .lua format as hosted local servers. Make a blank local server in-game ("Host" from main menu) to tweak sandbox settings with the Zomboid GUI. Then, copy the information in your local SandboxVars.lua file and paste them into your server SandboxVars.lua file. 

Again, you must restart server to make changes go live. I failed testing many times due to this mistake. Best of luck. 

• 6 months later...

is there a way after server wipe to delete all items from all containers. so that then the sandbox settings take effect? because i forgot to change the data at my host.

It is so that with each server restart the items are present in masses, so much too much.

thanks for answering

deepl translated