Farming weed

slizeres

As I've said on other threads with the same topic, pot wouldn't relax you unless you're in a safe, carefree environment. It would make you more paranoid mostly and I don't think there're that many relaxing situations in a zombocalypse... I wouldn't smoke in that kind of situation, but I know some would and I'm not against the idea in Zomboid.

Regarding the opium statement, the required kinds of poppies aren't at all common in rural kentucky and altogether the growing and making of opium is far more rare than marijuana. The point of pot being that it's pretty common and accessible everywhere.

Also, any of you guys know how to make hemp rope without google? ;)

Also, any of you guys know how to make hemp rope without google? ;)

well, I'd certainly need some testing for this but I'd rip the hemp into fibers, let them dry on the air and then tie tem to a post and spin them for a while. out of severel of those spinned threads i'd make a rope, kinda lika that but I could be totally wrong. never made a rope before

I'm not against the idea of having Mary Jane in the game since it can be used for medical purposes. A character that's sick and puking their guts up can smoke one up and have the nausea reduced substantially or removed completely, increasing odds of surviving severe sickness since your body isn't undergoing as much trauma.

Though I think if you're going to be growing any kind of drugs at all tobacco would be the way to go since it's much more addictive and as such would be in greater demand. Maybe keep a small patch of ground set aside for Cannabis so some will be available to use for medical purposes.

I'm not against the idea of having Mary Jane in the game since it can be used for medical purposes. A character that's sick and puking their guts up can smoke one up and have the nausea reduced substantially or removed completely, increasing odds of surviving severe sickness since your body isn't undergoing as much trauma.

Though I think if you're going to be growing any kind of drugs at all tobacco would be the way to go since it's much more addictive and as such would be in greater demand. Maybe keep a small patch of ground set aside for Cannabis so some will be available to use for medical purposes.

Aleviating nausea is surprisingly good a suggestion actually. Forgot it did that.

Zombie apocalypse without weed? Man, your are all fucked up.

I agree with the tobacco thing

• 1 month later...

So hang on...

You guys want a game that simulates a realistic apocalypse with details on pretty much everything but as soon as it points out the negative effects of taking drugs its 'lets keep it simple'.

Firstly that goes against the grain of the game and its scope its aiming to achieve.

Secondly you need to stop fooling yourselves that 'weed is mmkay' and realise that whilst its something most teenagers try out it is not a 'good' thing. It creates all sorts of mental related issues through long use, some of which are near impossible to cure.

If you want to grow marijuana then by all means grow it but realise that to make it realistic you would need to end up having more cons than you have pros.

funny how you purposely avoid the proven positive things it also does.

ya know what causes more problems for our bodies and minds? every single man made drug ever approved by the FDA and their counterparts in other countries. even the very first Miracle Wonder drug, Aspirin. and of course, alcohol and tobacco. but i bet you are ok with those, right? after all, THOSE are legal and Government approved.

funny how you purposely avoid the proven positive things it also does.

ya know what causes more problems for our bodies and minds? every single man made drug ever approved by the FDA and their counterparts in other countries. even the very first Miracle Wonder drug, Aspirin. and of course, alcohol and tobacco. but i bet you are ok with those, right? after all, THOSE are legal and Government approved.

I don't think that was the point of his post at all... Also if you're going to drink alcohol in game, you're gonna have a bad time mkay. So that is already there. Also lung cancer doesn't come with a year of smoking, so it's slightly hard to depict in game. All he's saying is that if pot would be added, it should have appropriate consequences, as irl.

EDIT: Although there is a slight preachy tone I don't see that as the main point. And see no harm in it.

I would very much like to see Marijuana cultivation as a mod.

As for the paranoia argument, you could make it similar to that trait agoraphobia or whatever, where you would be paranoid outside, but not inside. It should remove all nausia and boredom (even staring at a wall while high can be entertaining), and add drowsiness and slight hunger.  The drowsiness itself is enough for reducing awareness.  If you are growing the stuff in your back yard without any fancy hydroponic system ect, then it's probably not going to be very potent. As such the effects should ware off rather quickly too. I'd image excessive use of painkillers and sleeping tablets would have negative longterm effects too, and just as with those, any such long term effects of weed shouldn't really apply in this game either.

I'd imagine in any apocalyptic scenario you would see an increase in drug usage of all types available. After all, it's a pretty stressful situation. In the USA, marijuana is extremely available, and it's easy to grow (the non-potent stuff at least).

As far as looting and gettings started, I could imagine finding a rare bag of seeds in someone's dresser or closet. Probably wouldn't find too much of the actual drug though. Maybe rarely on some zeds.

I was honestly very suprised the mod wasn't already created.

Edit: Forgot to mention it should add a slight decrease to unhappiness but not as much as boredom. And for another negative effect it could make your character cough after consumption, potentially attracting some unwanted attention.

-snip-

I agree on everything except the nausea. For me at least, many of the times I've gotten terrible nausea from smoking. Sometimes so much that it's kept me away from the stuff for very long periods. This might be however just my individual experience, since no one I know who smokes pot has ever talked about it... But that's semantics in a game situation.

-snip-

I agree on everything except the nausea. For me at least, many of the times I've gotten terrible nausea from smoking. Sometimes so much that it's kept me away from the stuff for very long periods. This might be however just my individual experience, since no one I know who smokes pot has ever talked about it... But that's semantics in a game situation.

One of the main reasons Mary Jane has been adopted for medical purposes in the first place is because of its ability to remove nausea. So yeah. Probably an individual experience for you.

And I agree that this is better off as a mod.