[41.73] [Multiplayer] [Game Breaking] Invisible zombies, cars, players, body parts, etc.

War

After playing about 5 minutes or even less textures start to disappear. The more you play - the effect is amplified. Only game restart helps. This game breaking bug appeared only after 41.73 update.

Here is my specification:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2,6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7

16 Gb 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M

Someone was telling me it might be because I had MacOS.

Please, help me!

cars.png

players.png

zombies.png

53 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

To add to what Yana said: could you update your graphics card drivers as well - there was a problematic (for PZ) driver update recently...

My system is up to date (all available updates installed): macOS Monterey 12.5 (21G72)

1 hour ago, Yana M.D. said:

Does it happen on a modded server? Also, could you check if the problem occurs in SP as well?

No, the server is "vanilla". I have no problems with textures in SP.

Okay, does this happen then on  any server or only this one? Could you check others if you haven't? Additionally, you can try verifying local files. 
Also, there is a key in debug mode that can hide vehicles and zombies (default F3), if you are an admin and entered debug mode before that could be it :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem on multiple Multiplayer Server. I have very good ping, PC is good, Drivers all updated, and 32GB of Ram.  In a solo playthrough I don't get the problem, only Multiplayer. I tried everything from reinstalling to editing the game files.  I just found out recently that if I'm just the only one on the server everything works.  Only when player start joining in that it started again, and it totally breaks when I enter a building (all cars, zombies, and players goes invisible).   I'm thinking it the textures code are not being sent to the client fast enough.   I have tested it in 3 other servers, 1 server host, 1 personal host, and 1 random host.  A Server host with around 100 ping no issues handles 10 and over players.  The personal host with 50-100 ping started to get issues when 4 or more players enter the game.  and a random host from the steam server list with 22 ping 2 or more player enter the game.  It is most likely the host is the problem.  Reducing texture sizes, resolution, and other graphical settings can help a little, but when more player enter it will happen again.   I going to wait for the Project Zomboid graphical update. 

• 8 months later...