Powered by Keifleaf Closed

Keifleaf

Just had to restart the server, sorry for any down time. Still going to be taking it down in about 2 hours to reset to try to lessen the lag at the least.

Before I would close down I'd try lowering the population limit, as much as I would hate to even do that, since it does seem like with only a couple people on there is less issues. But assuming that doesn't work either and I do shut down, I would be all for trying during major updates to bring it back.

I do not understand why you are going to reset the server, i've been playing on it for two days and I've had pretty much 0 lag. are you doing a hard reset in 2 hours? what about all the progress i've made?

I haven't since they took out the .bat that allowed us to try it. It was very buggy, often didn't work at all or if it did only on parts of the map. I've seen posts where some admins have made their own, but even then it still has a bunch of issues from what I've read (zombies not respawning, or the big issue players losing characters).

I know it sucks to lose the forts you spend a lot of time on, but it also sucks for the people who had a someone grief them and burn everything down, without a hard reset that area is dead.

I also agree with the hard reset. Because the server crashed when I was online, it corrupted my save file and I can no longer get back to the character. Everyone who was on seems to have been corrupted the same way. It's giving us some odd errors.

I also agree with the hard reset. I played last night and the zombies were completely bugged, all the food was rotten and no canned goods could be found. All taken by greedy players. Besides right now I can't even connect to the server, and I'm unsure if it's just crashed again. This is one of my favorite servers to play on and I thank you for hosting it, friend.

I'm also curious as to what you have your zombie and survival settings on, if you could post that it would be greatly appreciated. I figure that survivors would like to know more about the server and what exactly is different from the other servers. I always wondered if you had water and power off from the start, but I was never really sure.

Server got bugged due to some mod someone must have had on when they logged in, I get a message here when it happens. So yea I'm hard resetting nothing else I can do when this happens. As for settings I experiment with them, I had turned up everything and have been tweaking them to try to get the best balance. When I maxed everything out the lag got worse, and it got a little better when I put some down a bit. I still have things higher than normal, but I'm going to be testing shit as hard resets happen. And water and power I put for 0-5 years, so could turn off right away could last years, problem is years go by quick on mp.

Anyway server is back up with a fresh reset, Have fun.

So, the server is down again. It would be GREAT if people didn't join in with mods on and fucked up the server for the others.

Also there was a guy with hyphen in his name (i think that causes trouble too?)

Server has been going well after the reset, I hardly get any lag.

Server is back up, doesn't look like it got corrupted by any mods, since I didn't get a popup about it. The hyphen in a name shouldn't crash the server anymore, that should have been fixed awhile ago in a previous update.

As for which mods can cause problems, I have no clue. I haven't touched any mods since mp came out, so I'm not the best reference, but I would imagine anything that has to be activated on the mod menu would most likely crash the server.

Server is down again.

Keifleaf, can you make it so the local chat shows up in the chat window like the global one does? Is that possible?

So we don't miss what other people type when they are nearby.