Powered by Keifleaf Closed

Keifleaf

Hey Keif, I was wondering how you feel about making this a white list server, the trolling is getting out of hand. I enjoy playing on a pve server. I love building shelter for other players, taking new players in and helping them survive. But with out pvp there's no way to protect your stuff, I spent the last few days since the reset collecting stuff and building a fort, bringing people together to from a milita to take back West Point. And then today, when I leave my fort for 15 mins to go rescue a starving survivor some one rolls through and steals I kid you not 12 boxes filled with tools, weapons, food, ammo, building mats, skill books I spent days collecting that stuff. For the most part the other players are great people, it's really lame that a few bad apples can spoil all your work and fun. At this point with as long as it's been since the reset the nails alone won't be replaceable. There's just no point in playing on a pve server when what ever you do something people just come by and rob you blind. Your a great admin Keif and it's super cool that you have taken your time to host this server for us to play on. But can we please do something to address the grieving.

Too many hotfixes, should be the latest one now.

As for creating a private whitelist, it's been considered but I see it killing the server population. Plus it adds a lot more work to maintaining the server on my end and honestly I barely have enough free time to do what is required now.

Which on that note server reset either later tonight or early tomorrow morning (I would prefer tonight but not sure when I'll be able to)

I can understand that, and im sure that im not alone in thanking you for spending your time and money to make a fun place for us to play, its just a little grating that people feel the need to make Buildings with the intention of killing other players on a No PVP server and push afk people into fires, rob and destroy other peoples safe houses. Like I said 95% of the people on the server are great people and we are almost all ways working for a common goal but a few bad apples spoil the whole lot. 

Was away for the reset, curses. Will have lost some gear! Good job as always though, Keifleaf. I for one am an advocate of keeping the server public. The whole point of PVE is to have that communal atmosphere and there's nothing welcoming or communal about whitelisting. Despite this, I do think, however, that server population would not be heavily affected Keif, as a lot of the server population are regular users. There's actually a basis for a community within the server already! I still think no-whitelist is the right choice, though. Perhaps in the future, when functioning admin tools become possible, then a staff team could combat the griefing. Until then we make do!

Yeah the Lag is pretty horrid, but its hard to say whats causing it, because it seems like the Zed count is way higher, but at the same time there is more people on than I have ever seen before. It looks like its close to 20 but as im writing this it would seem that the server went down, 

Hey Keif, Thanks for persevering. Spent a few minutes on the server but was still getting a lot of lag. Zombies were teleporting around me so I figured it was not worth the risk. There were about 6 or 7 others logged in.