New player? Rely on the people

FrijjMagnet

I'm a new PZ player, got about 6 hours under my belt now. I saw a couple of YouTube videos, I played the tutorial, felt comfortable enough to dive in feet first with not but my common sense as a guide.

Died in 7 minutes...

Would've been a good idea to actually loot my own home before walking out the front door! Second time round I looted up what I could. Feeling confident once more, and armed with a Frying pan and some baked beans, I ventured out again. Freaked out at my first zombie sighting, went to run, slipped on my keyboard and hit Q instead of W.

Dead in 13 minutes (We're getting better!)

My current playthrough has hours under it's belt and I'm surviving fairly well (Albeit the occassional howler monkey impression at jumpscares), but my BIGGEST lesson so far is that the PZ community (on Twitch for me) are the best and most amazing support group, guides, and mentors to help you survive when you know basically nothing. If I could recommend a great way for new players to learn the game it would be to go and Livestream, say you're new to the game, and the PZ community will hand hold you through the darkest nights and teach you everything you need to know about, well, everything.

Amazing guys the lot of ya. The game's great. The community is even better.

Lesson 1: Dont start in West Point.

Lesson 2: If you ever feel like things are getting out of control dont doubt your instincts just run.

Lesson 3:  Zombies are an obstacle to survival.  They are easy to manipulate but dont try to push your luck because things get out of control very quickly.

Lesson 4:  Avoid residential areas unless you need food or books.  Houses with garages are good spots for loot (weapons/tools/etc)  the rest of the houses are just death traps.

Lesson 5:  Bed quality just effects how quickly you drop the tired moodle so cars and chairs arent the worst places to recover if you decide to take up residence in an industrial building.

Have fun exploring the map it is huge and will take literally months to see it all.  You are indeed correct the  community is extremely helpful so never worry about asking a question you will almost always get a ton of responses.

Welcome to the community.  

Let me add to Pskov's Lessons

Lesson 6 - Don't feel you have to go outside much for the first few days.  Before the power goes out, read skill books and watch as many TV shows as possible to level up,  Do what you can to level up fitness and strength while in the house.