[41.73] In-game Lamps and other Outdoor Light Sources using the Incorrect Texture

Petoxeye

This issue has been in the game since 41.66 and is possible to recreate in all scenarios, be it vanilla, modded or even a fresh install of the game.

The outdoor lamp textures are always grey, even when the lamp is turned on.

As far as I'm aware this applies to all the lamps in the game including the street lamps and neon signs which are always desaturated even when turned on.

You can see what I mean in the images below:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

And this is what the textures are supposed to look like when the lamps are turned on (notice the yellowish tint):

spacer.png

As for neon signs, the texture is supposed to be more saturated and less transparent when they're turned on:

Lighting outdoor 01 42.png

This issue doesn't affect the gameplay as much, other than not letting the player see if a lamp is turned on or off unless right-clicked but I still hope it gets fixed soon anyway because it's been around for a WHILE and still hasn't been fixed even though it does look like an easy fix, but then again, I am not a developer nor a programmer so I wouldn't know.

I find it distracting too, especially if I am trying to figure out if a bulb is burned out.  And on that topic, increasing the time that light bulbs last would be good.  If it were the real world, we'd all be buying light bulbs every week.