[41.73][Singleplayer] Water dispenser tainted status not changable

CannedRat

I have a water dispenser that I once accidentally put tainted water in.  It now has the "Fill" option stuck in Red and I cannot fill anything from it.  I have tried emptying the dispenser to "reset" it and have looked for a "Pour on the ground" option but there seems to be no way to remove the taint status. I can still add water to it as usual and wash from it.  Just cannot seem to get the "Fill" option to work again.

It would be good if we could clean the dispenser out with bleach or boiling water or pour out the tainted water to reset the taint status. 

Edited by CannedRat

Are you using any mods? I have no problems filling bottles / pots from the Water dispenser filled with tainted water and removing tainted status when it's empty. 

Could you verify your game files and start a new game to try this (can use -debug to cheat a little ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Upon further testing this is a positional problem with a specific water dispenser in the Rosewood FD kitchen.  I can move the water dispenser to another square and it works perfectly(screenshot timecode 7:20).  Empty, fill etc.  If I put it back in the old spot, the "Fill" option goes red and it cannot fill anything (Screenshot timecode 7:30). 

If I put another water dispenser in the same place, it works fine (Screenshot timecode 8:00).

Now if I swap the dispensers around and put them back in the same arrangement, the problem (red fill option) occurs on the new dispenser in the corner position. (screenshot timecode 9:40)

So there is something buggy about that  that particular position when there are multiple dispensers side by side.  It has nothing to do with tainted water.

I noticed the same issue(red fill) with that one water dispenser in a MP game that I'm playing.    I think that its just something odd in the map with that location.

20220826075133_1.jpg

20220826074815_1.jpg

20220826075014_1.jpg

20220826080937_1.jpg

Edited by CannedRat
screenshot reordered