[41.73][Singleplayer] Buckets of tainted water no longer sterilise in oven or grill

CannedRat

There has been a change in behavior of buckets of tainted water.  Prior to the patch release, I would put them in the oven and cook them for a while and the object name would change from Bucket of water (tainted) to Bucket of water.  Used to take a fairly short time. 

Now I put them in the oven and they heat up.... and never change the object name.  I have cooked them for an hour, they appear hot.  

I have also noticed that the tooltip now mentions "sterilise them in a microwave".  Which seems oddly specific as a heat source to boil water.   Previously this worked on a gas grill or in an electric oven.  Is this a bug or an intentional change to boost the sale of microwave ovens?

I assume these are supposed to represent "Plastic" buckets of water?  I always wondered if they were metal or plastic and how that worked in an oven.  Perhaps add the word "Plastic" to the tooltip or something to make it more obvious why they should not be put in a fire/oven/grill.

Can confirm this works fine in a microwave. So I will be shopping for a nice one for my safehouse asap. :-)

Edited by CannedRat

• 2 months later...