[41.73-77] Connection to the server was lost [click to return to desktop] while trying to connect to my own local server in the same PC

francogp

The console log would likely not contain mods that would cause the connection issue, generally the fastest way would be to just disable half the mods and see if you can host. If not, then repeat this until you find the mod which is preventing the hosting.

11 hours ago, Beard said:

The console log would likely not contain mods that would cause the connection issue, generally the fastest way would be to just disable half the mods and see if you can host. If not, then repeat this until you find the mod which is preventing the hosting.

Note that if I start a single player game, it work just fine. The only way to set this problem is Hosting a multiplayer game 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, JustAnotherUser said:

uPNP shows these open, as far as I can tell. Can I test this somehow, telnet or ssh to my external IP over 16261? 8766? Should I expect some sort of response?

What I find weird is that this only happens once but when I compared it to other logs it occurs often:

LOG  : General     , 1660872076633> 27,383,567> command entered via server console (System.in): "ping@pong"

Every time it states that coop master isn't responding though.

LOG  : General     , 1660872136722> 27,443,656> Coop master is not responding, terminating
LOG  : Multiplayer , 1660872136722> 27,443,656>     java.base/java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Unknown Source)
LOG  : Multiplayer , 1660872136722> 27,443,657>     zombie.debug.DebugLogStream.printStackTrace(DebugLogStream.java:159)
LOG  : Multiplayer , 1660872136723> 27,443,657>     zombie.debug.DebugLogStream.printStackTrace(DebugLogStream.java:146)
LOG  : Multiplayer , 1660872136723> 27,443,657>     zombie.network.ServerMap.QueueQuit(ServerMap.java:91)
LOG  : Multiplayer , 1660872136723> 27,443,657>     zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:1053)

I tried creating another server, without ANY mods, and it start just fine. Can you try that? If it work in that way, can you post the list of mods that you use? So we can cross reference with my list, and test what mods can be causing this

Edited by francogp

On 9/4/2022 at 7:05 AM, AdneyIsHere said:

is there any fix for this?!

what mod list are you using? did you tried creating a server without any mods? please post the list so I can identify what mod is causing this without trying one by one

On 10/1/2022 at 7:37 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Mods working in single player doesn't mean they'll work in MP. 

It'd be best to follow Beard's advice here. 

Testing results:

1. Tried a new server, without mods, the game start.

2. Then tried my moded server, it crash as already reported

3. Then tried a COPY of my moded server, with a map reset, and it crash

4. Then I made a copy of my moded server, with a map RESET, and remove ALL mods. Tried to run it, and it crash as always.

here's the logs

logs.zip

Edited by francogp

• francogp changed the title to [41.73-77] Connection to the server was lost [click to return to desktop] while trying to connect to my own local server in the same PC

Well, in one it's whatever EasyConfigChuckedServerConfigs not existing that breaks it. That's not a vanilla file. I assume one of the mods also has a borked OnInitWorld() function, since you can see it firing before things die. So, it's still likely mods breaking it, but I wouldn't be able to narrow it down, unfortunately.

For the others, often your Steam username and IP is null on the server. The authentication ticket also gets cancelled (presumably by Steam), which causes you to be kicked and the server to shutdown because you're no longer connected. I don't know why that'd be the case with mods but not without.

It might be worth turning off Steam and seeing if it "just works" via the -nosteam flag and/or starting a dedicated server so that it doesn't just shut down if you get kicked.

A cleaner option might be to just nuke literally everything from oribit. Rename the %UserProfile%\Zomboid folder to Zomboid_Old. Rename the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid folder to ProjectZomboid_Old. Then, in steam, right click PZ -> properties -> local files -> verify ... to download a clean copy.

• 1 year later...