New carrying system

Avantex65

I heard leatly about change where you can't put things above 5kg in backpacks. So i come up with carrying mechanic.

So we all know how carrying works in pz, we can carry a big amout of light items fe: cereals. You can carry in your inventory 50 packs of cereals with no cloths, or 50 empty cups. It doesn't sounds realistic so i come up with second stat of items: SIZE.

Size will be how much items you can carry/contain and wheight is how hard it will be to carry those items.

With that you can't put items biger that container into container fe: baseball bat into backpack. You can put a hamer or metal pipe into backpack becose backpack is bigger. Same with containers like shelf, you can't put sledgehamer into shelf.

Also if you don't have any clothes, to carry things you need to use hands. The more pocets you have then more you can carry in inventory.

(If you don't understand what i mean then ask in coments)

Edited by Avantex65

Putting a whole metal locker inside of your backpack sure isn't realistic, but I think the problem there is the size of the object rather than it's weight. A heavy but small object (like a car battery or a sledgehammer) should still fit inside of a backpack.

In other words, you are suggesting for capacity based inventory system. This inventory system seems to fit your suggestion. It's a good suggestion but this thing can be done through mod if I'm not mistaken. Developers are quite busy so this suggestion might be pushed back to later date or not considered at all. So, there might be new / experienced modder wants to try making this mod. I'll try to write the general requirements here. Modders will need to figure out which one is suitable for server based and which is suitable for client based.

1. Set player max weight to higher number so that it wouldn't interfere with new calculation. Use this method 'player_instance:setMaxWeight(int  newMaxWeight)' for it

2. Calculates the capacity used by an item using new formula which includes size and weight into calculation.

3. Creates new inventory UI which should display 'Capacity' instead of 'Weight' to avoid confusion. (Look for related inventory ui files at 'game_folder/.../media/lua/client/ISUI/' directory)

4. Creates a configuration file which includes new data for items which is weight and size for items, and max capacity for containers. Use this configuration to get data necessary for calculations

5. Tweaks the data until the capacity looks quite realistic.

5. Send new item data to all connected players so that they can pass it to their new inventory UI for calculation.

Some steps might be missing but overall it should be good enough for any modder to try making it.

7 hours ago, Ridick said:

Putting a whole metal locker inside of your backpack sure isn't realistic, but I think the problem there is the size of the object rather than it's weight. A heavy but small object (like a car battery or a sledgehammer) should still fit inside of a backpack.

Well in that situacion you can put car battery into backpack but you will be more likely to have moodle ,,heavy loaded"