Problems occurred in indoor and outdoor judgment of the room

pikajiu

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. After the wooden floor was built on the second floor of the house with a map, it was judged as outdoor by the system. Especially on the second floor of the warehouse on the right side of the road north of Maldera. Even though I've destroyed all the walls, some houses are still considered indoors.

image.png

39 minutes ago, pikajiu said:

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. After the wooden floor was built on the second floor of the house with a map, it was judged as outdoor by the system. Especially on the second floor of the warehouse on the right side of the road north of Maldera. Even though I've destroyed all the walls, some houses are still considered indoors.

image.png

This is a known issue with all existing buildings in game atm: building a floor inside one will count as "outside". There is no easy fix but a bigger one is coming in of of future builds.

• 8 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 12:12 PM, Pandorea said:

This is a known issue with all existing buildings in game atm: building a floor inside one will count as "outside". There is no easy fix but a bigger one is coming in of of future builds.

1. Player built structures are still considered outside by the game in some (most) cases, especially if connected to a pre-existing building and looking at the countless posts concerning this problem, if a stairs was placed on the title previously.
It would be great if we at least had an ability to make areas count as indoors or outdoors as an admin. That would be a great workaround until this whole thing is fixed.

2. There is also an issue with player built walls not acting in the same way as the walls on dev built structures, player built walls end up being way too easy to "see through" even if you are outside of the room in question, regardless if its an outside or interior wall.

Will this ever be fixed?
Will we ever get a setting that lets us adjust how we view interior walls, you know like how it's handled in the Sims? (You could chose to display interior walls either as the current system does it where interior walls are not see through as long as you are outside the room, or chose to not display interior walls at all and have them minimized)