How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

Anything new about soft world restart?

I mean to keep user structures.

Another strange issue. My server is whitelisted, i use to invite players via /adduser BUT

if i make a server restart - all accounts just dissapear and i have to add users from the very beginning

Another strange issue. My server is whitelisted, i use to invite players via /adduser BUT

if i make a server restart - all accounts just dissapear and i have to add users from the very beginning

I tried it on Windows Server: I ran the ProjectZomboidServer_SoftWipe.bat successfully, but was only possible when I increased the memory of the server to 12gb (the program used about 7GB) when performed with less memory I got a OutOfMemory exception

I tried it on Windows Server: I ran the ProjectZomboidServer_SoftWipe.bat successfully, but was only possible when I increased the memory of the server to 12gb (the program used about 7GB) when performed with less memory I got a OutOfMemory exception

No such file on linux found. Other ideas? Is it possible to do it manually?

Has anyone ended up making the custom spawn point work?

FInally, yes. After a lot of messing about, I finally got it to work. Whenever someone logs onto out server now, we have a custom spawn point set to the North Farm. The command goes:

/changeoption SpawnPoint="10986,9085,0"    ( I don't remember the exact coordinates, but they were something like this)

then did a /reloadoptions        had a user die, and then spawn, and it worked!

I used RoboMat's Co-Ordinate viewer to find the co-ordinates I needed. Notice how there is a zero at the end? The coordinate viewer gave me a X and a Y, but when I looked at the command, it said SpawnPoint=0,0,0 -- so I didn't know what the third number was -- took me a while to figure it out.

Give it a try, let me know how it goes!

EDIT: I suppose you could just edit the co-ordinates in the server settings. I was not server-host when I did this so I had to use the in-game admin commands

If you want to give players more item, do : Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc...

Works when I do Base.Nails ----->> 'added to inventory'

Does not work when I do "Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc..." ---->> 'item Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails does not exist'

If you want to give players more item, do : Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc...

Does not work when I do "Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc..." ---->> 'item Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails does not exist'

this does not work with admin commands, only with the server option SpawnItems

SpawnItems=Base.Nails,Base.Nails works

Ok so a couple of questions now I have my server up which are, how do you determine a grid reference for spawn location other than trial and error which is too slow and second can we see a list of item names for the gear setup (guessed a few). 

thanks in advance.

Has anyone ended up making the custom spawn point work?

FInally, yes. After a lot of messing about, I finally got it to work. Whenever someone logs onto out server now, we have a custom spawn point set to the North Farm. The command goes:

/changeoption SpawnPoint="10986,9085,0"    ( I don't remember the exact coordinates, but they were something like this)

then did a /reloadoptions        had a user die, and then spawn, and it worked!

I used RoboMat's Co-Ordinate viewer to find the co-ordinates I needed. Notice how there is a zero at the end? The coordinate viewer gave me a X and a Y, but when I looked at the command, it said SpawnPoint=0,0,0 -- so I didn't know what the third number was -- took me a while to figure it out.

Give it a try, let me know how it goes!

EDIT: I suppose you could just edit the co-ordinates in the server settings. I was not server-host when I did this so I had to use the in-game admin commands

Awesome, will give it a go when I get the chance. Thanks.

A question that's popped up a couple of times on IRC is how to manipulate users that don't have a visible name, for whatever reason. It'd be helpful if there was a command to list players, which also listed some kind of internal ID number in addition to IP and username. The ID would work as a parameter to all user-targeting commands instead of username or IP.

Admin can see the username even if the server is configured to not show players name + he can operate in the esc -> players menu :)

I've seen at least one mention of a player who did not have any visible name whatsoever, even though names were on.

Could anyone help me out. My brother and I are playing. we want to start fresh(power and water on, no buildings being looted) if anyone could help me reset/refresh my server i would be most grateful.

Cannot for the love of Glob get the /additem to work.

First, login as admin on yoru server or get admin rights on your character.

then, hit T and type:

/additem "broncbuster" "Base.Axe"

It's capital specific so heads up.

Now my question! How do you format things to spawn when new characters are made, I can have it do 1 thing, but not 2. I want people to spawn with a backpack and rolling pin. I have it in 2 separate lines, only the 2nd shows up.

Any help?

@Broncbuster: My spawnitems-line looks like this and all items are given to new players:

SpawnItems=Base.RollingPin,Base.Orange,Base.Orange,Base.Candle,Base.Matches

Question: Can you guys spawn zeds as admin with IWBUMS-build? There spawn no zombies when I enter "/createhorde 10" but the server says it spawned them.

@Broncbuster: My spawnitems-line looks like this and all items are given to new players:

SpawnItems=Base.RollingPin,Base.Orange,Base.Orange,Base.Candle,Base.Matches

Question: Can you guys spawn zeds as admin with IWBUMS-build? There spawn no zombies when I enter "/createhorde 10" but the server says it spawned them.

Duh, comma's. Thanks Dr Cox. Maybe something to add to the OP.