How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

Hey, guys, help me pls.

How i can delete saves and restart server?

Go in users/YOU/Zomboid/Multiplayer/ and delete servertest/ folder :)

Could someone please direct me to a item list that I can use to spawn in the items so I can create things around the map for my friends? Thanks :D

Go into your PZ installation dir (steam/steamApps/Common/Project Zomboid) then in /media/script/ and open the files items.txt, newitems.txt, farming.txt... You'll see all the items inside them :)

Well personally, I'd say instead of just having zombies respawn look at the migration as those 2 features would go hand in hand, so if zombies are heading towards the towns then they spawn on the edges of the map, then migrate based off of area density and natural movement (IE being attracted to sounds made by the director and players)

Now that I think about I can see how this won't work as the map continues to grow

So perhaps (working with the districts stuff you guys did) each district can respawn zombies but killing zombies in these areas and building walls suppresses this spawn rate until it zero's out, allowing survivors to secure areas

Thank you for riding the thought express, this is the last stop

"

• Soft world reset. Will remove zombies, bodies, loot, reset all containers in world. Will leave all construction in place."   

How?    Nothing in the first page. 

Try changing the Reset ID, just a guess

No luck finding it. All info i find on this seems old and with the -Dsoftreset option when starting server seem to hardreset or crash depending on RAM.  :P 

Any other suggestions? 

cant find how to edit stuff like zombies and loot ammount, day lenghth etc. after 27

Use the PZServerSettings.exe and save to ZomboidFolder\media\lua\shared\Sandbox\SandboxVars.lua

"

• Soft world reset. Will remove zombies, bodies, loot, reset all containers in world. Will leave all construction in place."   

How?    Nothing in the first page. 

Try changing the Reset ID, just a guess

No luck finding it. All info i find on this seems old and with the -Dsoftreset option when starting server seem to hardreset or crash depending on RAM.   :P

Any other suggestions? 

It's in the server ini file located at

Username/Zomboid/Server/

• 2 weeks later...

Molotov aren't craftable, that's not a bug.

And some traps require skills (trapping and/or woodwork)

Is there some list of reqired skills somwhere? I'd be thankfull for it on PM is possible. Got a lot of questions from players on my server that i can not answer

hmmm

trying to add a few items here and there but it's not happening

i log in as admin, and judging by the speed she moves and the ability to adjust options that is right.

so i try to add something like a box of nails. i see in the media/script/newitems that it is under the Normal heading.

so i hit the T and enter /additem admin normal.NailsBox. also tried it as additem "admin" Normal.NailsBox

but nothing ever shows up in my inventory. i do have spawn items set to true