How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

Cyrillic should work in ServerOptions.ini if you change the encoding of the file, I can add French letter, so it should be ok...

About the .db did you copied/pasted the .db from the "how to set up a server" ? Just to be sure (I'll remove this part from the post, not need to be done now :))

That post was my guid along the night of drinking coffe and setting things up. Dont delete it ))

Hello, srry for noob quest, but if database dont appear or don't created like that?

post-10267-0-87814300-1394551720_thumb.p

1 . I run server OK

2 . Other people enter and play

3 . It's a open server but i want change this without reset server. I can? 

4. Server on Build 24

Edited by SnakeBR

Can you tell me excatly what you're doing ?

Don't open the .db while the game is currently running, if your external program lock the .db the game won't be able to change it :)

I have started a brand new install. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it won't ever update the db. After starting up the server, I login as admin, add a couple users, and make one an admin. I'm doing all this in the chat window during the game. When I stop the server and examine the db file, it doesn't show the changes I made during gameplay. I do see the rollback world.db-journal file, which does seem to grow in size. So I'm guessing it is just not committing my changes to the db??

Just to note, I have tried shutting down the server through both 1.) ctrl-c in the server runtime and 2.) saving and quitting from the chat window. Both do the same result where the db and journal file are left with the db file unchanged. 

Hello, srry for noob quest, but if database dont appear or don't created like that?

attachicon.gifclnIF7J.png

1 . I run server OK

2 . Other people enter and play

3 . It's a open server but i want change this without reset server. I can? 

Mmph, you should have a /db/ folder here, with the world.db inside it...

well don't have folder and world.db looking in all files (lol dont know how my server runing) 

Damn, sure you don't even have a hidden "/db" folder there ? I just tested again 3 times, it always create the db folder and the world.db... Can you try to create this folder to see if there's any conflict ?

I created folder /db/ and archive apear but empty... steps:

1. create folder

2. open server

3. log on server

4. try edited if SQlite

post-10267-0-15464300-1394554966_thumb.p

just remember i closed server to try edit db.

Trying make some changes, i try Open=false to maybe create a whitelist to can fixed this and in world.db appear something but late i try enter in server i get no account/pass (empty fileds and "admin") and get this:

post-10267-0-59023700-1394556001_thumb.p

Wait, you set Open=false and the world.db have been created ?

Are you sure when you launch your server you have nothing weird in the console ? (like can't create folder /db/.. )

No... world.db created when i create folder /db/ and run the server (but world.db empty) 

later making another test to see if something change i set Open=false and nothing change on world.db

Guys, im back.

World reset works somehow strange.

1. I really need to know if its possible to make a soft world reset with keepin players structures?

2. I deleted that servertest folder and the rpgramm created a new one BUT it looked more like some roll-back, not a total wipe.

My server is on linux.

Any ideas?

Little update, Port binding !

Added a Server option "DefaultPort", needless to say the server need to be restarted once this is changed :)

DefaultPort = 16261 // Default port used by the server

How does this affect the additional data ports?

Little update, Port binding !

Added a Server option "DefaultPort", needless to say the server need to be restarted once this is changed :)

DefaultPort = 16261 // Default port used by the server

How does this affect the additional data ports?

Doesn't really affect it, you still take default port and +1 for each player, do you think host really need to define the default port connection and then another "strating port" for players connection ?