How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

PZServerSettings.exe

I am trying to configure these settings and save them for the server but everytime it directs me to save it to the game folder, I have tried the normal PZ folder within steam, tried the users folder under server and then the normal Zomboid folder under users and it does nothing.

Edit: Nevermind I was just doing it wrong >_>

Mind sharing?

Kyuiki's solution didn't actually work.

PZServerSettings.exe

I am trying to configure these settings and save them for the server but everytime it directs me to save it to the game folder, I have tried the normal PZ folder within steam, tried the users folder under server and then the normal Zomboid folder under users and it does nothing.

What did you end up doing?

PZServerSettings.exe

What did you end up doing?

I managed to get the zombies to work by setting the output location to \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox

The date, electricity and everything else won't change. I tested no zombies and insane zombies though, successfully.

Has anyone ended up making the custom spawn point work?

Negative. I can't figure out the coordinates. Also can't figure out how to give players more quantities of items, always adds just one.

And why does it say that spawnitems is not an option when it clearly is?

Negative. I can't figure out the coordinates. 

me too, I tried to figure out the logic of coordinates for an hour and still I have no idea  :mellow:

How impossible it would be to add a list of our servers ingame? I know we're in the testing phase, but it would be fantastic for the user retrieve a list of servers instead of having to add them manually

EDIT: I got this error when try to softreset my server

erro_server.jpg

How can I use the password with the steamcmd program? I used "app_update 108600 -beta iwillbackupmysave validate" to install it.

"app_update 108600 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword [PASSWORD CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/]validate"

Should do it if I'm not mistaken.

The description doesnt work for me...

I start the server, but I wont get asked for a password, neither in the consoles nor ingame :/

Creating a user called admin also doesnt seem to work. Can anybody help?

Another thing: I cant add servers to the server list anymore, is this a bug?

For the 4th time : Admin account is BUGGED right now, if the database exist the admin/admin account will be created, so : NO PROMPT DIALOG FOR ADMIN ACCOUNT !

Just log as admin/admin and change the password.

For spawn point, it's the world coordinates, so something like x=10000,y=9000, try the RBM's coordinate mod if you want to set up one (or use worldEd).

Negative. I can't figure out the coordinates. Also can't figure out how to give players more quantities of items, always adds just one.

Don't get it, why it's not an option ? If you want to give players more item, do : Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc...

For the 4th time : Admin account is BUGGED right now, if the database exist the admin/admin account will be created, so : NO PROMPT DIALOG FOR ADMIN ACCOUNT !

Just log as admin/admin and change the password.

For spawn point, it's the world coordinates, so something like x=10000,y=9000, try the RBM's coordinate mod if you want to set up one (or use worldEd).

Don't get it, why it's not an option ? If you want to give players more item, do : Base.Nails,Base.Nails,Base.Nails,etc...

Whe I try to set the items for players who spawn....or did I misunderstand that completely...?

Is the world.db bugged? It seems that it won't commit changes when I try to add/grantadmin/ban users from the chatbox. But it will successfully read the world.db if i manually edit it (my created user will maintain admin rights).

I just started my new own server on a VPS machine under linux ubuntu, it was really hard to make everything work, but i made it.

Here some questions.

1.After i start the server via projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh i get no admin questions or something to set up an admin user. How or where can i make it?

2. Whitelist. Can i set it up via terminal? How? Commands pls if possible im new on linux.

3. ServerOptions.ini got a welcome message in it but in understands only latin letters. Any wey to make it understand cyrillic?

I just started my new own server on a VPS machine under linux ubuntu, it was really hard to make everything work, but i made it.

Here some questions.

1.After i start the server via projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh i get no admin questions or something to set up an admin user. How or where can i make it?

2. Whitelist. Can i set it up via terminal? How? Commands pls if possible im new on linux.

3. ServerOptions.ini got a welcome message in it but in understands only latin letters. Any wey to make it understand cyrillic?

1. It's generated automatically as far as I'm aware, in the database file. When you first start up the server the username is: admin and password is: admin and you need to change it yourself.

2. It's not/can't be done in a terminal. SQLite Database browser and edit the database file to add users, or use one of the commands (mentioned in the first post) while in game to add people to the database file.

/adduser <username> <password>

Enabling the whitelist is done through serverOptions.ini file. 

3. Don't know, would imagine not. Really depends on the set characterset.

Thank you very much. Tested everything, works perfect. Great job.

A bit offtop question but, how do i wipe the world?

By deleting the servertest folder in the Zomboid/Sandbox folder. I heard of the soft world reset which saves player structures but I'm unsure of the file location or if it's even properly working for Linux servers, I'll take a look around.

Cyrillic should work in ServerOptions.ini if you change the encoding of the file, I can add French letter, so it should be ok...

About the .db did you copied/pasted the .db from the "how to set up a server" ? Just to be sure (I'll remove this part from the post, not need to be done now :))

Thank you very much. Tested everything, works perfect. Great job.

A bit offtop question but, how do i wipe the world?

By deleting the servertest folder in the Zomboid/Sandbox folder. I heard of the soft world reset which saves player structures but I'm unsure of the file location or if it's even properly working for Linux servers, I'll take a look around.

i got such folder under home/Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest  and a lot of *.bin files in it like map_1210_693.bin and zombies_166_95.bin is that it? Im kinda not sure because thers no Sandbox folder.