How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

Randomly around you (+- 8 tiles)

Wow, only 8 tiles away from you? So if you spawned more than, say, 30 or more, you might have a wee bit of trouble escaping?

Btw, can the godmod and invisible options be toggled on and off? If so, better mention that in the OP.... ;)

Oh, and does invisibility mean the zombies can't see you either?

PS: what is the '/gunfire' command? Did you mean '/gunshot'?

Edited by rorschach

When I first launched my server it didn't ask me to make an admin account. So now I can't set myself to an admin and I can't use some of the commands like /gunshot or /createhorde. Also when I first start the server I get this error in the top of my console: 

yOtw6W6.png

and this is what the bottom of my console looks like; no prompt to make an admin account:

o2PJPCS.png

I have a feature requests, of making the admin invisible, along with a page option. That way we can sit invisible on the server, and get a page if there are any issues with griefing.

I just loaded into my first public server, and was instantly killed by and now I'm starting up my own instead. :)

So, I've changed some things down there, mainly for username stuff, so now it'll work like this :

/additem "username" "item"

Notice the ' " ' to avoid any space problem, you'll now have to add ' " ' for username, server option, etc. Read the OP to see the command options :)

Also change on ban/kick to be more user friendly (well, I hope) :

/banuser "rj" -ip -r="reason !"

No more ip=true/false but a "-ip", same for reason, no more username=reason but -r="reason", I find it better based on unix commands... :P

One question which is related to gsp's i have set up the server on a dedi box (2 instances) tried using different ip's ports per instance I can join one (running on the main ip of the box) but not second one. This seems to be related to the server not binding to an ip/port correctly. This will be a major headache for providers offering servers. two options that would work:

1.allow Multihome on the ip or port

2. add the ip and port to the comand line

If you need any help testing this out feel free to send me a message. We already have a couple existing clients asking for servers for this game.

One question which is related to gsp's i have set up the server on a dedi box (2 instances) tried using different ip's ports per instance I can join one (running on the main ip of the box) but not second one. This seems to be related to the server not binding to an ip/port correctly. This will be a major headache for providers offering servers. two options that would work:

1.allow Multihome on the ip or port

2. add the ip and port to the comand line

If you need any help testing this out feel free to send me a message. We already have a couple existing clients asking for servers for this game.

Hey, this is already quite high on our todo list. Currently, the daemon only binds to the default ports. How it's configured otherwise is up to the devs, quite possibly it'll be a config entry in the server ini.

So, I've changed some things down there, mainly for username stuff, so now it'll work like this :

/additem "username" "item"

Notice the ' " ' to avoid any space problem, you'll now have to add ' " ' for username, server option, etc. Read the OP to see the command options :)

Also change on ban/kick to be more user friendly (well, I hope) :

/banuser "rj" -ip -r="reason !"

No more ip=true/false but a "-ip", same for reason, no more username=reason but -r="reason", I find it better based on unix commands... :P

much better/clearer syntax :geek:

only suggestion i would have with all these new commands is some shorthand and redundancy.

ex. /ban shortens /banuser,

/coption, /changeo, or even just /co for /changeoption

/soption, /showo or just /so for /showoptions

etc.

The long versions are great for new admins who aren't familiar with the commands. But for experienced users, short and fast commands are more effective.

It's worth noting this obviously isn't a pressing issue at all, just something to consider!

When does this build get released ?? everyone seems to know everything about this game but me ! any help guys please??

I'll save mods the trouble. We never get any ETAs, so it'll be ready when its ready. Welcome to the forums!

When does this build get released ?? everyone seems to know everything about this game but me ! any help guys please??

What AngryMod said! It'll be released when it's ready, and not before. We don't give ETAs, because it's really hard to be definite with bughunting.

PZServerSettings.exe

I am trying to configure these settings and save them for the server but everytime it directs me to save it to the game folder, I have tried the normal PZ folder within steam, tried the users folder under server and then the normal Zomboid folder under users and it does nothing.

Edit: Nevermind I was just doing it wrong >_>