How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

• HoursForLootRespawn = 0 // Enable loot respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn loot in it.
  • HoursForZombiesRespawn = 0 // Enable zombies respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn zombies on it, only on road.

this is real hours or in-game hours?

Ingame hours.

I have problem with item respawn - seams like it does respawn items (f.e. books in shelves apears) but every container I open is empty. Nor game, nor server restart doesn't help. Respawn timer was set to 2.

Any ideas?

Can you please tell how to make the settings made in PZServerSettings.exe picked up by the server? Save file servertest_SandboxVars.lua in C:\Users\*****\ Zomboid\Server and nothing changes. Also, is it possible to connect to the server mods and how? Build 27. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

loot respawn may act weird the first time tho

tried this one on my Server, and it really acts wierd. It doesnt respawn anything :) (HoursForLootRespawn=48)

Afked in north of town for about 72 IngameHours get to the south of the Town and all the Containers were filled with the same stuff as before. Ofc they contain less items then the "MaxItemsForLootRespawn=" -Option and i restarted the server after i changed the Numbers.

Do i have to softreset the server in order to get it working?

Any experience with that?

Ok i found the failure today very fast, maybe it was too late yesterday. I used the console for editing the RespawnTimer and typed ="48". Selfmade Syntax error, i better edit the servertest.ini directly next time :)

Sry for wasting your time, i dont delete it here, maybe someoneelse makes the same "error" and find this thread as solution.

Hello guys.
Together with a small group of friends we are playing on MP server which im hosting.
But, i have a problem with server settings, HoursForLootRespawn.
My question is, how big correctly is  that "zone" which need to be unseen to make loot spawn if ill set for example HoursForLootRespawn=24
From that what i checked, even if setted for 1 hour respawn time, and like 12 items to spawn, previously looted houses dont have items spawned after that time.
Can someone explain me how that "unseen zone" for items respawn is working correctly?
Thx a lot ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I saw a neat command today that I tried to use, but no matter what I do I don't think I'm doing it right. I'll put it under a spoiler of some sort, so I don't ruin it for any other moderator out there/player out there but my question will lay within it:

"/nightlengthmodifier" — it does give a 'how to' but only stops at "/nightlengthmodifier!"

I've tried typing in various things to see if it works, but cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I'm doing wrong. If someone could tell me what I'm just not seeing right under my own nose, that'd be really kind and I'd sincerely appreciate it.

It may be that it's just not working yet and I've done a search for it, but I face the facts that I'm inept in searching, too, sometimes lol. Yes this is build 29 so I figure it may just not work yet, but I don't want to not use it if it's just something I don't understand xD.

Thank you in advance!

Hello!

I saw a neat command today that I tried to use, but no matter what I do I don't think I'm doing it right. I'll put it under a spoiler of some sort, so I don't ruin it for any other moderator out there/player out there but my question will lay within it:

"/nightlengthmodifier" — it does give a 'how to' but only stops at "/nightlengthmodifier!"

I've tried typing in various things to see if it works, but cannot, for the life of me, figure out what I'm doing wrong. If someone could tell me what I'm just not seeing right under my own nose, that'd be really kind and I'd sincerely appreciate it.

It may be that it's just not working yet and I've done a search for it, but I face the facts that I'm inept in searching, too, sometimes lol. Yes this is build 29 so I figure it may just not work yet, but I don't want to not use it if it's just something I don't understand xD.

Thank you in advance!

Where did you find this command? It´s not listed in the first post here (or I´m blind).

Hello!

Thank you in advance!

Where did you find this command? It´s not listed in the first post here (or I´m blind).

if you type "help" in Console..

List of admin commands :* grantadmin : Grant the admin rights to a user, use : /grantadmin "username"* save : Save the current world* stoprain : Stop rain on the server* addalltowhitelist : Add all the current users connected with a password in the whitelist, so their account is protected.* changeoption : Use this to change a server option, use : /changeoption optionName="newValue"* banuser : Ban a user, add a -ip to also ban his ip, add a -r="reason" to specify a reason for the ban, use : /banuser "username" -ip -r="reason", ex /banuser "rj" -ip -r="spawn kill"* gunshot : Start a gunshot (do noise on a random player)* quit : Quit the server (but save it before)* godmod : Set a player invincible, if no username set it make you invincible, if no value it toggle it, use : /godmod "username" -value, ex /godmod "rj" -true (could be -false)* unbanuser : Unban a player, use : /unbanuser "username"* thunder : use: /thunder start or /thunder stop* removeadmin : Remove the admin rights to a user, use : /removeadmin "username"* addusertowhitelist : Add the user connected with a password in the whitelist, so his account is protected, use : /addusertowhitelist "username"* removeuserfromwhitelist : Remove the user from the whitelist, use: /removeuserfromwhitelist "username"* invisible : Set a player invisible zombie will ignore him, if no username set it make you invisible, if no value it toggle it, use : /invisible "username" -value, ex /invisible "rj" -true (could be -false)* adduser : Use this command to add a new user in a whitelisted server, use : /adduser "username" "pwd"* nightlengthmodifier : Set modifier for night length (1.0 = normal, 0.5 = half, 0.0 = no night : /nightlengthmodifier <delta> !* chopper : Start the choppers (do noise on a random player)* reloadoptions : Reload the options on the server (ServerOptions.ini) and send them to the clients* startrain : Start rain on the server* kickuser : Kick a user, add a -r="reason" to specify a reason for the kick, use : /kickuser "username" -r="reason"* players : List the players connected* showoptions : Show the list of current Server options with their values.* servermsg : Use this to broadcast a message to all connected players, use : /servermsg my message !* createhorde : Use this to spawn a horde near you, use : /createhorde count, ex /createhorde 150* additem : Add an item to a player, the username isn't mandatory, if you don't specify it the item will be added to you, use /additem "username" "module.item", ex : /additem "rj" "Base.Axe"

=x Yes, sincerely sorry, I should have mentioned that. I'm very, very sorry. It was in the newer commands that I was looking through - I always check right on a command centre, sometimes people settle things in that aren't on a list I look at. I learned it a hard way but I should have mentioned it and really do apologize.

---------------

Hello!

I'm sorry automatic translation does not understand English. 

I am I want to only multiplayer and acquaintance.
But I can not set the login password to the server without knowledge. 
Please tell me that way if it is good.

The things you're looking for are in 'settings' in:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Zomboid\Server

Only file named ".ini"

:) settings there.

It could be "Public=false" I think.

Hope it helps! Sorry if it is not what you are looking for!

Edited by TypoDemon

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to grant admin rights to anyone. For example when I type into the console grantadmin "RumbleBunny" it says User RumbleBunny doesn't exist, when it does. I've tried a couple of different usernames for myself but I get the same error every time. Is there a file anywhere I can edit manually or am I doing something wrong? I'll kick myself if I'm missing something obvious.

• 3 weeks later...

In a log file must record all the things I've been on active on this server and

The arsonist and item have difficulties by the terror which steals

user “username” IP 0.0.0.0 Location 0,0,0 The fire prevention to use the lighter

• 2 months later...

Tue Up Arrow is a lie !

Wait no, it should work.

I'll add bit more MP stuff in the next update anyway, i'll add some admin commands too ;)

Any way you could do a 'onCommand(String token)' as a lua method at the end of the command handler for the GameServer? This would be useful for admins to write their own commands to manage either their own needs or needs that arise that others need as well but need it quicker than coded into the game.

or 'onCommand(String player, String token, int permissions)' or something useful and efficient based on zomboid's code. 

Tue Up Arrow is a lie !

Wait no, it should work.

I'll add bit more MP stuff in the next update anyway, i'll add some admin commands too  ;)

Guys, i administrate game servers almost 6 years now and mostly do it as a gamemaster, because most of the servers are made for RP

So far i can judge PZ needs a good admin panel or at least some more commands. Some of them were made in PZ admin tools mod which is outdated now, so i nearly scream and beg developers to add some more admin stuff, namely:

- Teleporting admin around map

- Teleporting player to admin

- Teleporting admin to player

- Edit players stats

- Spawn multiple items of same type by one command - like additem nailsbox 10

- Change players moodlets

- Add permanent moodlet

- Do permadeath mod for whitelisted closed servers - like if player dies he drops off the whitelist by current character.

- Write personal chat message from admin.

GUYS!!!!!1

PLEASE!!

• 3 weeks later...