How to Administrate a Server

RobertJohnson

once you get the proper lettering worked out, this works great......

BUT, what if i wanted to run around my server and personally restock some of the cabinets, can i add something to the command to give multiples of one item? like if i wanted to spawn 50 bags of chips/crisps in my inventory then run around and place them (like the Easter Bunny) how would i do it, if even possible?

Hey guys!

I tried everything but I can't administrate my own server. It didn't ask any password for the admin when I join the server for the first time. I tried logging in as "admin", "admin/admin" with and without any password and still none of the commands work. What should I do? Is there any way to assign an admin with changing some files?

Hey guys!

I tried everything but I can't administrate my own server. It didn't ask any password for the admin when I join the server for the first time. I tried logging in as "admin", "admin/admin" with and without any password and still none of the commands work. What should I do? Is there any way to assign an admin with changing some files?

Go in c:/users/YOU/Zomboid/db and delete the file, it'll reset all account on your PC :)

Thank you, but are you talking about the file "world.db"? Because everyone is talking about that, but there exist only the file "servertest.db" in my db folder. PS: I tried deleting "servertest.db" and nothing changed.

• 2 weeks later...

I logged into my server with username 'admin'.. worked. How do I change the password? It keeps saying my previous password is wrong yet I never even set an original password.

Also where is the .db file you speak of? 

Thanks

Please help me with my softreset.

I get every time this error.

x=10549 y=9696 z=0objectsclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectstaticmovingobjectsx=10549 y=9695 z=0objectsclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectstaticmovingobjectsjava.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1449)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:857)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:242)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:183)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.iso.IsoObject.setOverlaySprite(IsoObject.java:2374)        at zombie.iso.IsoObject.load(IsoObject.java:602)        at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1442)        ... 7 morejava.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getMinX(ServerMap.java:479)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getGridSquare(ServerMap.java:1037)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.getGridSquare(IsoCell.java:4027)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.<init>(IsoGameCharacter.java:4248)        at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.<init>(IsoZombie.java:245)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:534)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.AddZombiesToMap(VirtualZombieManager.java:864)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.AddZombies(IsoChunk.java:99)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:259)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:185)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getMinX(ServerMap.java:479)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getGridSquare(ServerMap.java:1037)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.getGridSquare(IsoCell.java:4027)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.<init>(IsoGameCharacter.java:4248)        at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.<init>(IsoZombie.java:245)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:534)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.AddZombiesToMap(VirtualZombieManager.java:864)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.AddZombies(IsoChunk.java:99)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:259)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:193)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSEDrücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

I have this *.bat file and my system have 32gb ram.

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Dsoftreset  -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServerPAUSE

Here user say it works, but i get every time this error.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6669-soft-reset/page-2#entry99165

Please help me to solve it.

Updated OP with new stuff :

New admin commands :

• servermsg = Use this to broadcast a message to all connected players, use : /servermsg my message !
  • players = List the connected players
  • clear = clear the console.

Server host can now manage their server directly via the console, no need to connect to the game as admin etc.

Spoiler

New server options :

• PingFrequency = 10 // Time between each client ping, in second
  • PingLimit = 400 // Ping limit before being kicked, need to be 5 time over, in millisecond, 0 disbaled it.
  • HoursForLootRespawn = 0 // Enable loot respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn loot in it.
  • MaxItemsForLootRespawn = 4 // For the loot respawn, if a container have more items than this number, it won't respawn loot (use it to limit respawn in safe house for example..)
  • HoursForZombiesRespawn = 0 // Enable zombies respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn zombies on it, only on road.

great new commands, but for those of us using rented Dedicated servers from Lowping, Fragnet or anyone else the question is do these new commands go into effect on an existing world, or will we need to restart to take advantage of the new stuff?

if you need access to a rented server to test this stuff, PM me

great new commands, but for those of us using rented Dedicated servers from Lowping, Fragnet or anyone else the question is do these new commands go into effect on an existing world, or will we need to restart to take advantage of the new stuff?

if you need access to a rented server to test this stuff, PM me

All those commands should work, zombies/loot respawn may act weird the first time tho

Please don't post the same content in multiple places. It will not produce better results than posting once.

Spoiler

Regarding the pauseempty=true option; I can't seem to get my server to pause for the life of me.

I updated from build 23 to the new beta (27?), wiped out my existing .bins and such, and hosted a new server for myself and two friends about 6 hours ago. We've been playing off and on, but now it's bedtime, and whether I have pauseempty set to true or false, time is progressing with no one connected to the server. And with the server shut down, it seems like.

Can anyone help with this? I seem to remember being able to pause by setting pauseempty to false back in build 23, but again, neither option is stopping time from progressing. I disconnect, no players are left, I wait 5 minutes or so, and 2.5-ish hours have passed. Kinda stressful mostly because of the fledgling plants with only half a wall at our ramshackle stronghold o.O

Any help appreciated. TL;DR time seems to be progressing with no players connected to server whether pauseempty option in C:\Users\User\Zomboid\Server]serverOptions.ini is set to true or false.

I'm having a problem, in public servers the address of my server is shown by IP, but sometimes my server is off and it loses the IP that was related to him, so users when they connect again by public servers must create a new account. Is there any way to put the DNS (ex: server.zomboid.com) instead of assigning the IP of my server on public servers? Thank you

I'm having a problem, in public servers the address of my server is shown by IP, but sometimes my server is off and it loses the IP that was related to him, so users when they connect again by public servers must create a new account. Is there any way to put the DNS (ex: server.zomboid.com) instead of assigning the IP of my server on public servers? Thank you

You can't have a static reverse-lookup domain name for a dynamic IP. This would require you to have a static IP, which would involve you either paying money to your ISP for one, or you paying money to a server hoster for the privilege of running your server at their facilities.

You can't have a static reverse-lookup domain name for a dynamic IP. This would require you to have a static IP, which would involve you either paying money to your ISP for one, or you paying money to a server hoster for the privilege of running your server at their facilities.

The dns of my server is always the same (zomboidbr.cloudapp.net), if users connect through it instead of the IP always falls on my server, regardless of ip have changed or not, so I'm wondering if is possible list my server by dns and not by ip on public servers.

I've got built 27. And in the head message it was told (this post will explain how to do things as an admin on your server (please note it'll be for build 25).)
Maybe. i don't understand right, but we can use this since built 25, no?

And you say i need to be logged as admin, but where can i do this and how? That's what i want to know

Please use the search Sgt_Pyatochkovski, this was asked so many times already. But because I´m a nice person here you go, but honestly, please search the next time before asking.

As said by RJ, the writeable console is new with build 28, you can´t do the direct commands without joining with any of the older builds.

• HoursForLootRespawn = 0 // Enable loot respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn loot in it.
  • HoursForZombiesRespawn = 0 // Enable zombies respawn if > 0, then the zone need to be unseen for X (this parameter) hours before respawn zombies on it, only on road.

this is real hours or in-game hours?