Don't let dogs die

Anorak2023

When dogs are added, please add a setting in either the world creation menu or the accessibility settings to disable enemy dogs/wolves and one to make dogs unable to die, just get injured. Or add an option to disable dogs outright (this would be less appealing, but probably more likely). Many many people are extremely averse to dogs dying in media, and would really hate it if it happened in game.

This would be a really unnecessary addition that would be better off being implemented by modders. I also severely doubt that "many many people" would be extremely averse to that happening, maybe a fringe minority since this is just a game.

I'm sure there'd be people who would be extremely averse to seeing the player character die, should we remove death from the game? Like I said this would be an unnecessary addition.  

• 2 weeks later...

There are good points on both sides.  Most people with pets see them as family members.  I'd probably make sure to save my own dog before a stranger in a real-life PZ scenario.

But to not have pets die sort of takes away from the realism. 

The suggestion above about letting modders take care of this issue seems sensible.  And if by chance no mods for it are developed, there is always reloading a save.

If you are a pure vanilla player, then you accept whatever happens.