An honest request

MadMax2022

Dear Developers of PZ

Hello. First, thank you very much for coming up with this excellent game with everything many gamers wanted to see in a game which is available for a very affordable price and keeps getting better with each update. I wish you and PZ the best in future.

My only request to you guys, suggestions, what I want to see in PZ is this. Please don't let the community take comprehensive control to shape this game the way it sees fit with the use of all those mods out there. Some mods are great or even essential, while others are just too game changing. I don't want PZ to end up like 7dtd for instance. Its a post apocalypstic zombie survival game and it should remain that. Without the game changing mods PZ is so good I played it for hundreds of hours in single player mode only. That sense of self preservation, the looming threat of zombies and the unexpected situations a survivor can get into. Fighting with nature, loss of electricity, water, media and faced with the demands of nature as well as luck, these are and should be the heart of PZ. This experience can be made easy or harsher through the sandbox settings which are thorough.

However, the highest ranking PZ multiplayer servers are loaded with mods that are disconcerting to the genre of survival, though thankfully zombies still weigh in heavily. 7dtd was not so lucky and modifications turned zombies into a side show while everyone basically plays an expanded version of CS:GO with construction, mining and looting. Laughably zombie horde caller (mini blood moon thing) is disabled to save player constructions and if a player "uses" zombies to their advantage in pvp they are penalized for that. I hope you are following where I am going with this. Please don't let the community desecrate PZ with mods and draw a line. For instance the mod that lets player discover a cure to the virus, its purely toxic to the spirit of the game. Invincible traders? How and why? Never ending, renewable resources, thousands of new weapons, scrap armor to eliminate the chance of a bite and infection, zombies dropping thousands of bullets for the handful of survivors can keep killing them in style, even the growth and use of narcotics for recreation, 500 mb big mods that add real world songs at the cost of connectivity and hardware resources that anyone can otherwise play on their own on spotify etc. I don't understand why tax others for a little thing? Knox county fell with trained soldiers, police, doctors, nurses, scientists and engineers with all sort of hardware, labs, weapons. They could not develop an "anti-serum" cure nor change destiny.

Somehow I hope the devs can control and limit the scope of the mods. Tremendous sized mods, irrelevant themed or immersion breaking mods, Don't get me wrong though, mostly the mods are very carefully made and become a tremendous help, like rifle sling mod, or so many QoL mods which assist the devs and the whole PZ playerbase by improving the game. Those guys are deserving of praise and so are those who run servers and build communities. But system requirements and the game's theme itself is generally thoroughly ignored. Admins "ghosting in" and giving a player an unnecessary scare, adding song after song with mods, sports cars, and 1000s of unnecessary guns, cheat armors and clothes and items like bong devices or whatever with cannabis seeds. Please take a step or two towards controlling these things by liasoning with server admins, mod developers and Steam.

Sincerely, a PZ fan.

I see where you are going and in part agree with you. I for myself would never use mods that change the game in its fundamental idea. I run a private MP server with a few friends and we only use mods to increase immersion and would also never play on public pvp servers because of the said "cs:go players"... and there is the big but - I also don't think that limiting the possibilities for modders would be a good idea and it's not neccessary too - you just have to stay away from those servers. Start your own server with friends, agree with them on vanilla or a set of mods you like and have fun =)