How to run a Server

RobertJohnson

When attempting to open the db file after launching the server first then shutting it down to add myself as a admin without having to login as a admin username, I get this error in SQLite Administrator

"qAdmin cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset" I have tried completely deleting the db file, reloading the server, reinstalling the whole game and nothing seems to work.

The servertest folder in the Zomboid directory is also empty despite a server being run and saved.

Hi, ty for you'r game it is exellent !

But now i have a little problem, i have donwload the new build with IWBMS but it is impossible for me to connect on my own servers.
I have  ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATION in the console and Connection Failed in the game. I have already set my whitelist.

Any idea ?

Ty for the reply !

My friend has the same problem. He can host with "online test" branch, but he can't with version 25. Any idea about what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Okey, so i went to C:\Users\<Username>\Zomboid and there was no folder called "server". I have a steam version of the game, beta online tests set on, and there is no such folder. What the hell i have to do now?

Edit: And before you ask. Yes i started server.bat first. Still nothing. Then I verify game catche. Still nothing. So what the hell?

Okey, so i went to C:\Users\<Username>\Zomboid and there was no folder called "server". I have a steam version of the game, beta online tests set on, and there is no such folder. What the hell i have to do now?

Edit: And before you ask. Yes i started server.bat first. Still nothing. Then I verify game catche. Still nothing. So what the hell?

When you launch the game, is there any error in console ? (or just copy/paste me the console thingy in spoiler tags)

Are you on "onlinetest" or "iwillbackupmysave" beta branch, since it needs to be the latter, not the former.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi having trouble working out how to add extra ram to server for larger player support can some one please give me instructions i,m on windows 7 running steam version build 26

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6016-multiplayer-faq/#RAM

A: You’ll need to edit the projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh file or the ProjectZomboidServer.bat file and find lines that look like:

-Xms1024m \ -Xmx1024m \

These are your RAM values. It is advised that you don’t use more than 80% of your available RAM. If you’re running the server from a home computer, then the RAM values should be tonned down significantly more.

Hope that helps. :)

SpawnItems=Base.Ramen,Base.Ramen,Base.KitchenKnife,Base.Bandaid,Base.WaterBottleFull,Base.Duffelbag

thats my servers starting loadout

and her is two more example

SpawnItems=Base.Ramen,Base.Ramen,Base.Axe,Base.FishingRodSpawnItems=Base.KitchenKnife,Base.Bandaid,Base.WaterBottleFull,Base.Duffelbag

hope that helps

also i released my Server Admin Tools

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8149-server-admin-tools/#entry106981

SpawnItems=Base.Ramen,Base.Ramen,Base.KitchenKnife,Base.Bandaid,Base.WaterBottleFull,Base.Duffelbag

thats my servers starting loadout

and her is two more example

SpawnItems=Base.Ramen,Base.Ramen,Base.Axe,Base.FishingRodSpawnItems=Base.KitchenKnife,Base.Bandaid,Base.WaterBottleFull,Base.Duffelbag

hope that helps

also i released my Server Admin Tools

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8149-server-admin-tools/#entry106981

very helpful i can see where i went wrong now thank you.

one more question where do i save abundant loot and insane zombie population is it in the main project zombie folder or some where ells?

So I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, I was trying to get the Bedford map running on a server that im hosting. I can't get it to run at all. Well that's not true, Bedford loads fine in single player. My problem is and I tested both with out mods, and on two new installs is this. The server loads fine ( with no mods ) but it only loads once, if I close the server then any time I run the server file to load it again it just hangs at the end and says "press any key to continue" but when you press a key it just closes, I can still connect to other games just fine but it won't reload the server. can anyone offer me some help ?

I can't run the server since Build 26. :sad:

When I run the server.bat as admin it says:

C:\Windows\system32>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -Djava.library.pa
th=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.network.GameSer
ver
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
(translation: System could not find path)

C:\Windows\system32>PAUSE
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
(translation: Press any key to continue)

When I run regular:

D:\Spiele\Project Zomboid Build 26>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -D
java.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.
network.GameServer
Loading RakNet from: ./
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Spiele\Project Zom
boid Build 26\RakNet64.dll: %1 ist keine zulõssige Win32-Anwendung
(translation: boid Build 26\RakNet64.dll: %1 is no proper Win32-application)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1957)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1882)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1872)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1087)
        at zombie.core.raknet.RakNetPeerInterface.init(RakNetPeerInterface.java:
19)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:85)

D:\Spiele\Project Zomboid Build 26>PAUSE

Any suggestions?

I installed Java and checked firewall before.

I can't run the server since Build 26. :sad:

When I run the server.bat as admin it says:

C:\Windows\system32>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -Djava.library.pa

th=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.network.GameSer

ver

Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

(translation: System could not find path)

C:\Windows\system32>PAUSE

When I run regular:

D:\Spiele\Project Zomboid Build 26>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -D

java.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.

network.GameServer

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Spiele\Project Zom

19)

Any suggestions?

I installed Java and checked firewall before.

Do not run it as admin. The .bat is trying to run using 64-bit Java (bundled with the game, your Java installation has nothing to do with PZ) which doesn't work on your 32-bit Windows. Edit the .bat file and replace

".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m

with

".\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms850m -Xmx850m

and if it runs out of memory, try lowering the memory values even more. As a warning, you won't be able to host for a large number of people on 32-bit Windows because of the memory limitations.

Thanks, I tried this with the following result:

D:\Spiele\Project Zomboid Build 26>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms850m -Xmx850m -Dja
va.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;./ zombie.ne
twork.GameServer
19)

In fact, I'm running a 64-bit Windows version.

Any other admin get the same error after the update today? I tried everything (reinstall PZ with deleted everything, reinstalling java, tested Windows and Linux, tried Stable and IWBUMS).

I assume you restarted Steam and switched branches and then back to "none" just to make sure you got the recent update?