RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

being unable to update my build 23 save to build 25, I started a new sandbox.

every time I start up, my farming plots lose ownership to me. I'm not playing in multiplayer mode (though the option is present as of yesterday).

the farm plots lose the right click ability of info, dig, sew seeds, water etc... it's like they are reverting to vanilla map assets not in control of the player.

I can create new farm plots, but any which were created in a previous session no longer function.

Is anyone else crippled by this new issue in build 25 sandbox?

note I can't even remove the old plots. if i dig over them i can remove those, but the first layer asset is still present, acting like regular ground.

I haven't seen this bug since build 17.

updated screenshot in a new single player sandbox save.

entire point of using build 25 is b/c build 23 saves won't update to build 25, so figure what's the point of keeping them if they can't continue with build updates.

z3rxN8W.jpg

hi

looks like mp settings, even if copied into the project zomboid/media/lua/server also, doesnt seem to work with more clients. i send my buddy my file, but the time span still is much shorter than mine.

also noticed that even tough deleting the whole c:/users/username/zomboid folder and restarting a new server and manually configuring the sandboxvar.lua, time span still doesnt seem to work as intented.

pm me and i will write a full report.

Some things i noticed in the new build

-there is a (kind of) infinte shotgun bug. But instead of firing you just hear the sound. This has something to go if you start firing/reload when your walking

-The loot in SP is abundant. Rare things like lockets,wallets,wedding rings, shotguns, axes etc can be found everywhere

-The Zombies are way more aggressive. They enter and destroy any building they come across, which results in way more "ruined" world, because nearly no home is now unharmed when you enter it after a few days after start

Anybody know about running the Linux server? Is it not available yet?

Not sure what you mean- we had a Linux server running before this build was ever public. There's instructions in the multiplayer forum.

Tested Build 25 a few nights consecutively with friends, heres some bugs to report!

*Players can still join the server without a username. If the next player tries to join without a username, they can't connect.

*We can only connect to the server if we 'quick join'. Normal connect button has never worked for us.

*Our time of day is never syncronised, we often are anything from 30 minutes to 10 hours apart

*We can not see each other's light sources, and in my own opinion, most light sources are barely visible at all anyway to the player (I'd like to see them much brighter, with an appropriate yellowy-white hue)
*One house has some 2 story windows which when exited, cause you to fall through the kitchen roof into floor one. (South-east of Kate and Baldspots safe-house, near the fenced off house in Maldraugh's outskirts. The house has a white external carport)
*Occasionally when attacking a zombie, it will go invisible for a couple of secrets.
*Some blood splatters are unaffected by light (bright red at night time), and can be seen through fog of war/vision/etc.

Had a lot of fun playing. Looking forward to the next version. Hoping for moving and burning of corpses, more compact cities, and towns, and some new survival weapons!

Let me know if this is the incorrect place to post bugs for this version. :)

Please get Build 25 to steam ! been waiting for about 2 weeks

That's what this is.

It's on Steam.

I am kind of new to the game so what is the OP

The first post in this thread.

Everything you need is there.

its just build 23 and online test. I may have to do with im a mac user?

Anybody know about running the Linux server? Is it not available yet?

Not sure what you mean- we had a Linux server running before this build was ever public. There's instructions in the multiplayer forum.

Yes I had the linux server running for build 23 but when updating the server to build 25, there is not longer a projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh file. I am assuming that the server would also move to the iwillbackupmysave beta branch as well? Or just do the update procedure like normal on onlinetest?

Please get Build 25 to steam ! been waiting for about 2 weeks

That's what this is.

It's on Steam.

I am kind of new to the game so what is the OP

The first post in this thread.

Everything you need is there.

its just build 23 and online test. I may have to do with im a mac user?

Did you enter the code to unlock the branch?

Catch some sort of a bug yesterday.

I played MP with my friend and picked up the trash bag in my second hand to carry some loot in there. When I found a schoolbag, I moved all the stuff to it, pulled off the trash bag and tried to put this trash bag inside schoolbag with no success. It just won't to put inside, but any other trash bag - easy!

The game was relatively stable when me and 2 friends first started playing. But as more and more time passes, it seems to be getting more difficult to connect to the game, and more laggy (game very jumpy, music pauses and jumps, zombies have seizures and freeze or even disapear temporarily). I've restarted the server several times, but it just picks up from how bad it previously was, and then gradually continues to get more and more unplayable. :(

Oh. and I'd like to point out that I have the same issues (I host the server and connect locally), so it's not a network issue.

Started farming... and realised rain won't water the plants anymore :( :(

It keeps showing up as "sickly" & "dry" now, without any further info on the plant (question marks where the info should be etc). If I water them myself, it shows as "sickly" & "well watered".

But... tomatoes are no longer insta grow & infinite harvest, so awesome...!

Started farming... and realised rain won't water the plants anymore :( :(

It keeps showing up as "sickly" & "dry" now, without any further info on the plant (question marks where the info should be etc). If I water them myself, it shows as "sickly" & "well watered".

But... tomatoes are no longer insta grow & infinite harvest, so awesome...!

my tomatoes are still insta grow, and my farm plots are inaccessible after restarting the game.

are you in MP, or SP survival/sandbox?