RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

Quicksearch didn't really helped me out with that one:

Will the Soft-Reset also apply on selfmade container/crates? As fortifications will be stay after Reset, a base with some kind of stockpile would be awesome, for Raiders aswell as for Survivors themself.

Read posts a few up from yours.

I think i found the thread you are mentioning, but all that i could read is the following: Wipe will let Constructions stay where they are and reset everything else, so also loot container. My question was a bit different (but probably in the term of "container" the same): Will a playerconstructed crate (which in the end is a construction) be also affected by the wipe. So, does the Reset Wipe every "container" no matter which type it is, or does it ignore contructions completly (and it's attributes like what it is holding).

Or maybe i didnt scroll up enough (or go back a site?).

Split screen promised so many times never truly fulfilled :cry:

It's complex. It's hard. And work is still happening on it. Ranting about it here won't make it come any faster, berating the devs can actually make it come slower, as it can drain their morale.

Well said mate, things will come in time just wait out.

As far as I did read, only stable builds end up getting to Desura - is there any chance for this build to become the next Desura update ? No ETA is no ETA, I understand, but maybe I can hope for a subjective opinion...

PS:I would say "Great work, guys !", but that one goes without saying, so let me keep it simple with "Keep it up !"

please please please

I have stopped playing this game entirely...

partly due to the irregularity of the updates (slightly out of the your control)

partly due to the way that the updates are presented to us (completely in your control)

Please... can you provide the update history log or whatever you want to call it in a fashion

that is easier on the eyes. I should be able to go through all the past updates and familiarize

myself with the changes that have been made since the last time i've played.

It is very distracting and unnecessary to have pages and pages of comments when all

I am trying to read is the update log... I... like most people.... do not care or need to know what

other people have to say. The update log should not be a place for conversations, ideas, arguments.

It should just contain the games update history. I know the update log is in the original post, but I want

to see all the updates that have been made recently in the same post, being able to scroll down and 

through the pages, only seeing vital information that a person interested in keeping up with a game

in development would want to see.

I'm not a dev, not a programmer, not involved in the gaming industry in the slightest.... But I am heavily

involved in customer service... and no... not working at a fast food restaurant customer service.

You are making it difficult for people to stay updated with the game... and therefor... people are losing

interest. Remember that people for the most part, are retarded. I mean literally, the average IQ is classified

as "Dull Normal". So why are we making things difficult? 

I'm sure you know that for every comment like this... one that I've actually taken the time out of my day

to write... that there are many others who are feeling this way that will not write about it... they will just

stop playing your game, they'll stop talking about it with their friends, they'll eventually stop thinking about

it and move on.   It seems that there are more people monitoring this stupid forum and deleting my posts  

than there are working on the game. 

And really... the whole never giving out a specific date for an update... is a horrible way to conduct

business. After visiting theindiestone page day after day and seeing "Upcoming"... along with pages

of people putting in their two cents... has completely put me off to even visiting the page to see if there even is an update.

I am writing this because I believe you have a good game and I want to play the finished version,

not because I'm a wanker.

Two issues I've noticed I'm hoping can be addressed in this build, I apologize if they've been mentioned before.

1. When a player dies in multiplayer due to sickness, infection, or a bite the players body as well as all loot disappears. Therefore the items are gone from the server until reset. Hopefully there is a way to make the players body drop upon any death situations so there items are recoverable.

2. Not sure how this happened but I've noticed this twice now so it is worth mentioning, I've seen gun stores raided on fresh resets with nothing on the exterior of the building broken but all loot inside has been taken. I know the gun store spawned with goods because items such as pans and food are left on the floor inside the gun store. the entire outside wire framing is intact and not broken so there are no noticeable signs of entrance. So not sure if they are glitching their way through or this is legit, wish i could provide more information.

They're all in the OP -- any recent improvements that aren't in the OP, will be added to it.

No ETAs.

We very, very, very rarely delete posts. I don't see any of yours in our recycling bin. You can find your old content here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=1882

If all the recent updates are in the OP... then how recent are we talking?

I understand that your policy is no eta's... and i think it's a terrible policy. 

I know where my recent posts are... thank you. I also know for a fact that 

at least two of my posts/comments have been deleted.

I tell people about this game all the time, and now I can't because I stopped

believing in it.

Hope you guys finish the game. 

please please please

partly due to the irregularity of the updates (slightly out of the your control)

partly due to the way that the updates are presented to us (completely in your control)

Please... can you provide the update history log or whatever you want to call it in a fashion

that is easier on the eyes. I should be able to go through all the past updates and familiarize

It is very distracting and unnecessary to have pages and pages of comments when all

I am trying to read is the update log... I... like most people.... do not care or need to know what

other people have to say. The update log should not be a place for conversations, ideas, arguments.

It should just contain the games update history. I know the update log is in the original post, but I want

to see all the updates that have been made recently in the same post, being able to scroll down and 

through the pages, only seeing vital information that a person interested in keeping up with a game

I'm not a dev, not a programmer, not involved in the gaming industry in the slightest.... But I am heavily

involved in customer service... and no... not working at a fast food restaurant customer service.

You are making it difficult for people to stay updated with the game... and therefor... people are losing

interest. Remember that people for the most part, are retarded. I mean literally, the average IQ is classified

I'm sure you know that for every comment like this... one that I've actually taken the time out of my day

to write... that there are many others who are feeling this way that will not write about it... they will just

stop playing your game, they'll stop talking about it with their friends, they'll eventually stop thinking about

it and move on.   It seems that there are more people monitoring this stupid forum and deleting my posts  

And really... the whole never giving out a specific date for an update... is a horrible way to conduct

business. After visiting theindiestone page day after day and seeing "Upcoming"... along with pages

of people putting in their two cents... has completely put me off to even visiting the page to see if there even is an update.

I am writing this because I believe you have a good game and I want to play the finished version,

You must be fun at parties... :roll:

please please please

You must be fun at parties... :roll:

I don't go to parties, I train for the Olympics. 

They're all in the OP -- any recent improvements that aren't in the OP, will be added to it.

No ETAs.

We very, very, very rarely delete posts. I don't see any of yours in our recycling bin. You can find your old content here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=1882

If all the recent updates are in the OP... then how recent are we talking?

I understand that your policy is no eta's... and i think it's a terrible policy. 

I know where my recent posts are... thank you. I also know for a fact that 

at least two of my posts/comments have been deleted.

I tell people about this game all the time, and now I can't because I stopped

believing in it.

Hope you guys finish the game. 

You can see a (Released Only) version history here:

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

It doesn't show in-progress betas, only full releases.

Regarding ETAs, that's a definite No, since TIS has been burned before by them. Suffice to say, heavy work continues. Edit: I can promise you, it definitely continues at a nice pace. Just today, quite a few bugs were closed against the next MP/SP build.

Regarding finishing the game, that's almost certain.

It's very unlikely your posts would have been deleted without you being contacted by a mod. The only exception being on the steam forums - if someone reports your post, the steam global mods do step in, and delete things.

Two issues I've noticed I'm hoping can be addressed in this build, I apologize if they've been mentioned before.

1. When a player dies in multiplayer due to sickness, infection, or a bite the players body as well as all loot disappears. Therefore the items are gone from the server until reset. Hopefully there is a way to make the players body drop upon any death situations so there items are recoverable.

The body should stay there, but if not for some reason, you could temporarily just store your items in crate or some else before you die.

The body should stay there, but if not for some reason, you could temporarily just store your items in crate or some else before you die.

Thanks for the tip, just trying to make the devs aware that this is an issue. Try it yourself if you get bitten and have a friend stand with you. Once you die you will disappear, you along with all your items.

always plan ahead though. it's not a question of "If" you die.....this games gonna kill you one way or the other.

go to the nearest house and dump your stuff before you hit Critical on the health bar.

good loot is hard to locate sometimes, don't lose what you already have

2. Not sure how this happened but I've noticed this twice now so it is worth mentioning, I've seen gun stores raided on fresh resets with nothing on the exterior of the building broken but all loot inside has been taken. I know the gun store spawned with goods because items such as pans and food are left on the floor inside the gun store. the entire outside wire framing is intact and not broken so there are no noticeable signs of entrance. So not sure if they are glitching their way through or this is legit, wish i could provide more information.

One thing could possibly do this if there's still the old map under the new map from user save that's glitching with the new map from the server. From what I've noticed, the old user save doesn't get properly deleted if not done manually when server has been reset.

You could check this to by logging in back to server by the gun store and see if surroundings change. It'll at least refresh that spot where you logged off.

I had to log off and on many times when i didn't want to start a fresh new save after i noticed it.

I'm not a dev, not a programmer, not involved in the gaming industry in the slightest....

Here's the main thing, though. You're not. And mayyyyybe you should consider that these people who do those things professionally know a little bit better than you. It's really common practice in the industry to not have in-development release dates (except, of course, if you have an executive producer breathing down your neck with the future of your career as a dev in his hands ala Mass Effect 3) and, further, is almost foolish to do, especially given the development cycle that The Indie Stone employs.