RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

SOOO EXCITED FOR ZOMBOID!!
hahahaha
can't get enough of this game lately.
so happy to hear about the success of mp!!! (definitely resulted in at least 5 copies bought extra in my circle of friends. Good move game devs, good move)
anyways. i'm really hoping player movement and zombie movement is cleaned up a bit soon (in multiplayer)  :)
(no more zombies changing character, synced zombie skull-smash-death sounds :D, player de-sync)
oh, also in single player, seems that everytime i fill a garden spray canister from a water source, it is glitching the water source (can't access it anymore, have to close down and re-enter)
this is so trivial, but nonetheless annoying. hope these small things and the campfire sync and stuff all make it into this new build!!!

For the incognito based stealth and raiding, why not utilize memorization as a aspect of the game for friends and rivals you know.

For instance you can right click someone and 'memorize' their current looks (clothings and gear) and give them a name. Otherwise through befriending each other you can 'right click and choose "Introduce As...' to get a submenu where you can either introduce yourself to them as your name (for friends), or lie and give them a alias (though this would mean that a player posing as a dev might become possible).

Then to further mess with pvp, having masks and things that covers your face as a means to hide your identity, not simply 'going into raid mode'... Basically, if you wear clothing that covers your face, it makes it take a longer period of time to memorize them hence a 'gauge' will have to load to memorize the target within range (vision), where it memorizes faster the closer the target is to you. This is useful for being stealthy and finding bandits/raiders and memorizing them outside their line of sight to tell your group of surviviors about what they look like.

By giving a name to each bandit you memorize and sharing it with others, they would eventually be able to 'identify' bandits posing as surviviors if they wore clothings similar to what they wore when they were raiding (for instance same jacket, gear, shoes, and gloves, but not the mask). As a result, your allies would see the 'alias' you put on the target you memorized and shared with them, enabling them to act on it.

This makes bounty hunting quite useful too!

A mmo by the name of haven and hearth used this memorization system since it's a permadeath survival mmo where ganking and griefing are all too common, and used when hunting bounties or waging wars against one another. That link there is a screenshot, where me and my friends met a group and is creating a village before being hit by those trolling russians.

SOOO EXCITED FOR ZOMBOID!!

hahahaha

can't get enough of this game lately.

so happy to hear about the success of mp!!! (definitely resulted in at least 5 copies bought extra in my circle of friends. Good move game devs, good move)

anyways. i'm really hoping player movement and zombie movement is cleaned up a bit soon (in multiplayer)  :)

(no more zombies changing character, synced zombie skull-smash-death sounds :D, player de-sync)

oh, also in single player, seems that everytime i fill a garden spray canister from a water source, it is glitching the water source (can't access it anymore, have to close down and re-enter)

this is so trivial, but nonetheless annoying. hope these small things and the campfire sync and stuff all make it into this new build!!!

Myself as well. The addition of multi-player enabled me to convince two of my friends to also purchase the game last weekend.

Wait I was curious and I think I know the answer but is the map in the new mondoid the new map in build 25 or?

I do not believe so. I think it was a little spotlight for Bedford Falls, A user created map. I think they where using it as an example of upcoming multi-player mod/map support.

Wait I was curious and I think I know the answer but is the map in the new mondoid the new map in build 25 or?

I do not believe so. I think it was a little spotlight for Bedford Falls, A user created map. I think they where using it as an example of upcoming multi-player mod/map support.

Yep, what false_chicken said.

If I may make a suggestion.

Reducing transparency on walls when behind them by about twenty-five percent might be a welcome change. I know I myself and likely others have run into problems when building carpentry walls and fences as they are almost impossible to actually see when they become transparent.

Problems this near-invisibility causes interfere with a few things like making sure a fence you're building is lined up correctly, knowing where your fences are when only a few feet away, and navigating through your own compound. I realize that players have to know what is happening on their side of the walls, less they get nibbled on without knowing, but the amount of transparency currently in the game if more than enough.

This problem seems to be mostly present with carpentry walls, but the other walls throughout the game likely wouldn't be hurt too badly with a little less ghosting. I'm by no means a graphics designer, but having to break out a walking stick like a blind man to find where a wall starts and open field ends seems a bit annoying.

In the next version, you'll be able to 'softreset' the server, which will, (I've said this a few times in this thread' completely wipe EVERYTHING except construction. So zombies will be in the streets, or in bathrooms, or wherever they would be on a full game.

The long term plan is to have zombie migrations from the borders of the map come in, but its a technological hurdle in avoiding zombies getting in places they shouldn't via this method, since simulating 1000s of zombies all pathfinding from edge of the map to muldraugh for e.g. is very intensive for the server. 

So in the short term, the soft reset will provide an effectively NEW fresh world, except it doesn't reset construction stuff.

Thanks! Its nice to have a feedback

Quicksearch didn't really helped me out with that one:

Will the Soft-Reset also apply on selfmade container/crates? As fortifications will be stay after Reset, a base with some kind of stockpile would be awesome, for Raiders aswell as for Survivors themself.

Reducing transparency on walls when behind them by about twenty-five percent might be a welcome change. I know I myself and likely others have run into problems when building carpentry walls and fences as they are almost impossible to actually see when they become transparent.

Problems this near-invisibility causes interfere with a few things like making sure a fence you're building is lined up correctly, knowing where your fences are when only a few feet away, and navigating through your own compound. I realize that players have to know what is happening on their side of the walls, less they get nibbled on without knowing, but the amount of transparency currently in the game if more than enough.

This problem seems to be mostly present with carpentry walls, but the other walls throughout the game likely wouldn't be hurt too badly with a little less ghosting. I'm by no means a graphics designer, but having to break out a walking stick like a blind man to find where a wall starts and open field ends seems a bit annoying.

I completely agree, so many of my walls have gone wonky because of this and many time I have been trapped because I thought I could just walk through a wall i didn't see :( but to be honesty I'd rather have the update out soon rather than fix this and delaying further :)

Can we not just get a windows netcode fix for the timebeing? Just to bring it in line with the mac netcode so that mac users can join windows hosted servers?

Thanks for your consideration!

No, it's not the netcode that's the problem, it's tied in with the build-state as a whole. It'll be fixed once build 25 is ready.

Can we not just get a windows netcode fix for the timebeing? Just to bring it in line with the mac netcode so that mac users can join windows hosted servers?

Thanks for your consideration!

No, it's not the netcode that's the problem, it's tied in with the build-state as a whole. It'll be fixed once build 25 is ready.

Oh ok! Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to it :D

Quicksearch didn't really helped me out with that one:

Will the Soft-Reset also apply on selfmade container/crates? As fortifications will be stay after Reset, a base with some kind of stockpile would be awesome, for Raiders aswell as for Survivors themself.

Read posts a few up from yours.

*snip*

I completely agree, so many of my walls have gone wonky because of this and many time I have been trapped because I thought I could just walk through a wall i didn't see :( but to be honesty I'd rather have the update out soon rather than fix this and delaying further :)

Couldn't agree more. Shouldn't delay something as cool as multiplayer just because some people can't keep track of their strangely ethereal fortifications. Waiting to fiddle with the amount of transparency on walls until the next build would be better that putting off allowing people to smash skulls with their friends like a group of hooligans stomping pumpkins the night after Halloween.