RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

Hello, can you please explain how the soft world reset will work in terms of player storage?

More specifically, what happens in these cases after a /softworldreset:

1.) I have player crafted crates/containers with stored items (do they disappear?)

2.) I have player stored items in base containers (like refrigerators, cabinets, drawers etc.)

3.) Does "everything except construction" mean burnt down houses and broken windows/doors will be reset to fresh houses? Does "construction" imply player only construction?

4.) Does a /softworldreset do anything in relation to electric/water supplies? If running is no longer reset, will sinks/baths/toilets be "refilled" for the small amount of depletable water they normally have?

Thanks! I'm a longtime Project Zomboid follower and lurker and i'm really interested in the development so I figured I should register. Great job on the changes, really looking forward to the fixes to farming!

Hello, can you please explain how the soft world reset will work in terms of player storage?

More specifically, what happens in these cases after a /softworldreset:

1.) I have player crafted crates/containers with stored items (do they disappear?)

2.) I have player stored items in base containers (like refrigerators, cabinets, drawers etc.)

3.) Does "everything except construction" mean burnt down houses and broken windows/doors will be reset to fresh houses? Does "construction" imply player only construction?

4.) Does a /softworldreset do anything in relation to electric/water supplies? If running is no longer reset, will sinks/baths/toilets be "refilled" for the small amount of depletable water they normally have?

Thanks! I'm a longtime Project Zomboid follower and lurker and i'm really interested in the development so I figured I should register. Great job on the changes, really looking forward to the fixes to farming!

It was said that player constructed objects should be safe. Id assume that means that player created crates as well. But I would also assume that any items you have stored in containers players didn't create would be lost and replaced with loot.

Added a soft reset command for servers, so you can wipe the world except construction, reset everything else. Should allow for fully persistent construction for all time.

How will this work with zombies? Wont they be stuck inside all the buildings when you reset?

Will reset zombies to as if you're starting a new game.

Won't there be any risks of zombies spawning inside of an object, e.g, a wall?

Added a soft reset command for servers, so you can wipe the world except construction, reset everything else. Should allow for fully persistent construction for all time.

How will this work with zombies? Wont they be stuck inside all the buildings when you reset?

Will reset zombies to as if you're starting a new game.

Won't there be any risks of zombies spawning inside of an object, e.g, a wall?

I'm not sure how they spawn the zeds, but I would check if their positions intersect a player construction before spawn.

If you soft reset, then your own crates would have random loot in them. Not loot you left in them. But your crates would still be there.

Oh... Is that something that is intended to enhance gameplay in some way? Or maybe just a bug? Seems pointless to build crates if the stuff you put in them isn't consistent...

You could probably build a lot of crates to get more random loot in your base. Just head off to the hardware store to get all nails and build almost 1000 crates with it in the backwoods of the map.

What about the farmtiles with crops?

You could probably build a lot of crates to get more random loot in your base. Just head off to the hardware store to get all nails and build almost 1000 crates with it in the backwoods of the map.

What about the farmtiles with crops?

True. But you couldn't store any of it xD. Come next reset it would change lol.

well, after 10 resets you would have almost 10k crates of loot possibility :D

This ^. The soft-reset solution seems flawed because of this happening. In my opinion, crates that are crafted and placed should be emptied on reset (full item wipe) without being repopulated by loot. Or, for the short term, they should be the only structure that is wiped during a soft-reset (Prevents people building crate spots so they can get free industrial loot on each reset). The downside would be nobody can build any crate forts, or use them for walls, but I see that as a fair compromise since they'll generate loot.

lemmy101RobertJohnson, can you fix "lightfooted" and "sneaking" skills, please?

And what about craftable light sources in the 25th build?

You need to be more specific than "can you fix X and Y". :)

Please explain what's wrong with them. Ideally in a bug report http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/

Done. You can check it here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-29-cant-gain-xp-for-sneaking-and-lightfooted-skills/  :)

lemmy101, Could you please elaborate a little bit about zombie re-population in the MP? 

Do they get to spawn on the edge of the map, or zombie re-population is one of the server's wipe intention? Or maybe there will be some different system in place...

Sorry, just a bit confused, checked Mondoids, videos on youtube, updates, but still have not found any information regarding this.

p.s. If this post does not belong to this thread, I humbly ask moderators to move it.

lemmy101, Could you please elaborate a little bit about zombie re-population in the MP? 

Do they get to spawn on the edge of the map, or zombie re-population is one of the server's wipe intention? Or maybe there will be some different system in place...

Sorry, just a bit confused, checked Mondoids, videos on youtube, updates, but still have not found any information regarding this.

p.s. If this post does not belong to this thread, I humbly ask moderators to move it.

In the next version, you'll be able to 'softreset' the server, which will, (I've said this a few times in this thread' completely wipe EVERYTHING except construction. So zombies will be in the streets, or in bathrooms, or wherever they would be on a full game.

The long term plan is to have zombie migrations from the borders of the map come in, but its a technological hurdle in avoiding zombies getting in places they shouldn't via this method, since simulating 1000s of zombies all pathfinding from edge of the map to muldraugh for e.g. is very intensive for the server. 

So in the short term, the soft reset will provide an effectively NEW fresh world, except it doesn't reset construction stuff.

In the next version, you'll be able to 'softreset' the server, which will, (I've said this a few times in this thread' completely wipe EVERYTHING except construction. So zombies will be in the streets, or in bathrooms, or wherever they would be on a full game.

The long term plan is to have zombie migrations from the borders of the map come in, but its a technological hurdle in avoiding zombies getting in places they shouldn't via this method, since simulating 1000s of zombies all pathfinding from edge of the map to muldraugh for e.g. is very intensive for the server. 

So in the short term, the soft reset will provide an effectively NEW fresh world, except it doesn't reset construction stuff.

Good explanation. Are player grown plants considered "construction"?

Yep farms will persist currently. Tho we may make this optional.

Yep farms will persist currently. Tho we may make this optional.

Thanks for the quick response! I do like options :)

well, after 10 resets you would have almost 10k crates of loot possibility :D

Can you just imagine how horrible it would be having to sift through that many crates?

SUk4ogL.jpg

You'll need even more time to build them and it's more likely a big team effort. That was just exaggerated example for the flaw.

Perhaps it should just be another option in the server to just let the random loot happen in the crates if wanted.

I'd probably just try that with the map editor and see about the loot patterns it creates.