RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

Other can see you teleporting if your pc run the game with a bad FPS? simply because when you move, it's sent to the server which sent to the other players a representation of your character, so if you lag, you won't sent a lot that you move, resulting in other peeps seeing you teleporting :)

Nonono, zombies also teleport from time to time, so do players but mostly if they perform an animation plus move. I played with my friends over skype, we all have amazing internet speeds, and had no lag at the time.

And damn it, I need this answered.. When will characters start getting saved server-side?

Other can see you teleporting if your pc run the game with a bad FPS? simply because when you move, it's sent to the server which sent to the other players a representation of your character, so if you lag, you won't sent a lot that you move, resulting in other peeps seeing you teleporting :)

Nonono, zombies also teleport from time to time, so do players but mostly if they perform an animation plus move. I played with my friends over skype, we all have amazing internet speeds, and had no lag at the time.

And damn it, I need this answered.. When will characters start getting saved server-side?

Wohhh, easy now. This is all fun and testing. If you don't find it funny anymore, you should stop playing and wait for a more mature MP release. 

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Build 25 (SVN 958) being delivered via Steam on the onlinetest branch?

I have it, and I can't connect to any MP servers as a result.

Going back to the SP branch and then back into MP branch doesn't change me back to build 24 (SVN 956).

Sad face.

Would like to add that I have the same problem, I am on mac and have done all the same things that he tried and were suggested by RJ and others after and it seems I cannot get back to build 24 either, I am fine to wait for build 25 proper release, so long as the fix for this is in there :)

Sorry guys, I've been trying to get the word around; the Mac build is only compatible with Mac hosted servers right now due to the obviously unalignment in builds. It wasn't intentionally but right now we're kinda just stuck waiting for everything to rejigger back into alignment. I'll get back to you all as soon as this is sorted; don't have an ETA but it should be within the next few days.

Sorry guys, I've been trying to get the word around; the Mac build is only compatible with Mac hosted servers right now due to the obviously unalignment in builds. It wasn't intentionally but right now we're kinda just stuck waiting for everything to rejigger back into alignment. I'll get back to you all as soon as this is sorted; don't have an ETA but it should be within the next few days.

Thanks Rath, someone might want to pop that in the multiplayer OP because I searched for a while with no luck on the issue and IMO that post is the first stop for multiplayer issues (if its not already :) )

Yeah, what happened is we released the build 25 for internal testing in the public branch by mistake, Chris changed that but only for Windows, so Mac have the build 25, but no server have it...

So bear in mind this build 25 could be totally bugged, it's only for the testing purpose.

Again sorry Mac user, we'll figure this out as soon as we can ! (and YES WE CAN !)

Yeah, what happened is we released the build 25 for internal testing in the public branch by mistake, Chris changed that but only for Windows, so Mac have the build 25, but no server have it...

So bear in mind this build 25 could be totally bugged, it's only for the testing purpose.

Again sorry Mac user, we'll figure this out as soon as we can ! (and YES WE CAN !)

Thank you Rathlord and RJ for your explanation of what happened last week - it all makes sense now!

Us Mac users look forward to being able to play with the rest of you again real soon... :)

Wohhh, easy now. This is all fun and testing. If you don't find it funny anymore, you should stop playing and wait for a more mature MP release. 

Eh? I'm calm, I've already asked this 5 times and every developer just seems to skip the question and answer some other silly thing. While this is one of the most basic functionalities a multiplayer should have :\

Eh? I'm calm, I've already asked this 5 times and every developer just seems to skip the question and answer some other silly thing. While this is one of the most basic functionalities a multiplayer should have :\

Asking multiple times and telling people "I need this answered" is very unlikely to improve your chance of getting your answer. In general, the developers don't give ETAs for working on individual bugs or issues.

You also don't get to tell the devs what their development priorities should be. Remember you're playing an in-development testing version. There's no lack of things the devs need to work on before MP is stable or finished in any way.

They're aware of it, they're working on it, and you're just going to have wait patiently until it's fixed or improved. =)

There's a reason this is a test release and not a normal version. It might be a good idea to re-read the release thread.

I read all over the place is there any general idea of when 25 goes out ? Like this week? 3 days? 3 weeks? Just curious if I should be checking every hour on the hour or just move on for a bit...

When it's ready. Probably a week or two, depending on how the testing goes.

Anyone know if OS X will be able to host servers and join windows or linux server?

I imagine that it will. The current situation with OSX not being compatible with other OS's ought to be fixed soon.

Thing is that it worked for me in the beginning.

Anyone know if OS X will be able to host servers and join windows or linux server?

I imagine that it will. The current situation with OSX not being compatible with other OS's ought to be fixed soon.

Thing is that it worked for me in the beginning.

Yes, it worked fine on the first release. As I said in the original post of the last release in the big green header, there was just an upload mistake for this build. Everything will be back to normal with the next release.

Hi guys, first post (even if i bought the game from many months now)!  :mrgreen: 

Just wanna say that i love this game, and for what can i see is growing very well! (a bit slow, but damned good)

For now i do not want to play seriously on the official map... ... So i will wait, playing with the maptool 

Anyway is nice to see that the multiplayer has already been released (clyde)

(Don't judge my english  (tophat) )