Turning off startup click boxes

thekaj

Question

These definitely aren't bugs or issues with the game itself, but I'm wondering if there are ways to turn off two click-through boxes as the game loads.  I'm playing on Steam, and I always get an option to either "Play Project Zomboid" or "Alternate Launch (May work when default fails).  I've never had an issue with the game crashing, so I'd love to be able to turn that off, but I don't see that as an option anywhere in Steam.

The second is the notice that pops up on the main menu, welcoming everyone to the current build and that they strongly suggest playing multiplayer on a whitelisted server or with friends.  I pretty much only play solo, but even if I did play multiplayer, I think I've got the message!  Is there any way to turn that message off?

Again, it's just two things to click through, and not the end of the world if I have to keep doing it.  Just one of those "it would be nice" sort of things. 

Edit: And in finally testing, I just realized that you don't even need to click through the second one.  The menu options are available without clicking on the okay there. :blush:

2 answers to this question

The in game menu cannot be turned off right now as far as I know. As for the Steam one, you can either just start the game with a desktop shortcut instead of the Steam Library.
Alternatively you can create a new "nonsteam" game in the Steam library and point to the game .exe file. This way it will just instantly launch the .exe and not go through the menu.

Archived