MP Experience so far.

Qloos

Two others and myself started up a private game.  Ran smoothly, we immediately started organizing, looting and killing zombies.  Things progress quite fast with the additional manpower and not needing to sleep.  Eventually one guy accidently brought back a horde to the house.

Player A: "Oh jesus, what have you done [Player B]?

Player B: "Lol"

Me: "Do I need to run upstairs and get the emergency gun?"

Player A: "Yeah!"

Large scale combat ran quite smoothly at the start.  There were few Latency issues.  After a hold off at the fence with two baseball bats and a pistol a large number of zombies were quickly dispatched.  About two hours in a enclosed fence perimeter of atleast 20 by 20 was completed and the house was well stocked for a long hold out.

That's when Player B tried to cook a grilled cheese sandwidge.

Player B: "Nooooo!"

Me: "What?"

Player B: "The house is on fire!  Save the guns!"

He rushed upstairs to try and retrieve all the valuable ammunition but it was too late.  After waiting it out in the warehouse and eating the remains from a vending machine we went back to assess the damage.  Which was complete item destruction.  But the structure itself was still usable.

Unforuntalely the stove was also still usable.  We ended up burning the house down again trying to cook a salmon.  So long story short:  Player B is banned from cooking.  He says it started the fire before it was cooked, but I call shenanigans.  I've cooked twice on multiplayer with no fires.

After that we called er quits for the night, tested if old games could be continued after everyone leaves the server and no problem.  Latency was becoming a problem late game, which is either a coincidence or the server getting bogged down from how long it was up (about 3.5 hours.)  In that period: There were two client crashes, one for the host, one for myself.  We found melee combat co-op to be risky buisness with friendlies nearby as we hit each other accidently on a number of occations. 

After I got shotgunned by a madman (thanks Steve), I decided to take it the hermit way, and chop down half a forest to make space for me and my friends their little cabin. No suvivors encountered since.

10qjwwh.jpg24g8676.jpg

This is what our safehouse ended up like, man I love being the carpenter.

In the end we had a fully sustainable situation, able to farm (thanks for the trowel Deprav), and get water.

After my friends left, I got into a conversation with a fellow survivor (Deprav) who was struggling for food near west point, I decided to help him with a bag of supplies.

Asked him if it was okay if I dropped the bag off at a certain location (Pizza Whirled in West Point), so I didnt have to give away my safehouse location.

He agreed, and upon reaching eachother we both figured out we were not hostile and decided to travel towards my safehouse together.

Ten minutes passed and we were standing outside the Pizza Whirled after checking the interior, and suddenly a woman came up charging towards us with her rolling pin out.

I got out my pistol as fast as I could and held the woman under gunpoint, forcing her to drop her weapon, and explain herself for charging at us with the rolling pin.

She said she was in a panic, and didnt want to lose us in the dark, I thought the story made sense, so I told her it was all okay, and ended up giving her the schoolbag I had on and a few encouraging words to try to help her in her survival.

Alot of different things happened but nothing really worth mentioning, just typical stuff in a day of PZ.

Played on two different servers, Eliakoh's, and the german one, can't remember the name sry :P .

When I first log in , everything was already looted, or looked looted, I encountered few survivors trying to get basic supplies, but pretty ignored them because I didn't wanted to share my loots. The feeling was so great, everything's dead, everything's pretty much looted, all buildings are fcked up, very few encounter with zombie for a while, the first one nearly got me, I was so surprised seing one !!
I ended up in southern muldraugh,near the Tavern, I hit some trailers untouched, found weapons(even a pistol), bag, food, ammo... Was pretty much stocked while everyone on the server was whining about no loot=D But I was very reluctant in electing some place as a safehouse and leaving my goods to be scavanged for any random players, so I kept everything in my bag and continued the journey towards the Self-Storage Buildings in Muldraugh, there I encountered some bandit player with an axe, he just walked towards me and hit me with his axe without a word, and then left, leaving me for dead. I was bleeding to death, and there wasn't much I could do to stop my dying. So I hid all my stuff in some random building, died, and created new character, got my stuff back, and continued the journey !!
Hitting all the building of the highway, everything was empty, but a crowbar in the Warehouse, perfect loot. Went for the Logging Company then, only to find it has been looted also, but not that much, and fortified a bit. I could find myself all the carpentry tools, but the axe (which I found later in some dead player's body in a closet in Spiffo's (?) , looked like he drank bleach. ).
Then I went to my safehouse in singleplayer, the farm just outside of Muldraugh, near the Warehouse. It was reinforced with plastered walls, had farm going on, with friendly players in it. They accepted me in the group, and I went to Dixie's with one of them to get loot, as i thought it was pretty much going to be ignored for most of the players, but in fact, half of the town was looted, the other half we looted and went back.
I couldn't resist taking ALL my stuff in my inventory and not in some random containers that could be looted, before disconnecting.

My first experience of MP was awesome.  I spawned in and headed straight for West Point without any supplies, just ran there (takes about 15-20 minutes realtime running, we really need cars).  Me and 2 other guys set up in the Food Market, built walls around the back and had a nice little compound.  We stored a huge amount of food, weapons and building materials in one of the apartments.

On the global chat someone asked if they could join our group, so me and one of my partners went out to meet him at the nearby warehouse, we brought him back with us and he luckily wasn't a murderous psychopath.  

With the extra manpower, one of our guys started a farm on the roof using sandbags, the rest of us started to build up a log supply dump, where we would all head our with axes and bring back as many logs as we could carry, rinse and repeat.  We had enough wood to finish the wall, barricade the building and even start building more walls across the nearby streets to expand our territory.  

During the construction, a survivor came down the road.  The three of us (the fourth logged off at this point) held them at gunpoint and told them to state their business.  They said they wanted to join us, so I gave them the task of finding weapons and wood and bringing them back, which they did.  However, they also got scratched, and needed painkillers.  Another survivor came walking up to us with a poolcue as a weapon (let's call them Poolcue Guy for future reference), we told them to go as we don't have the supplies to take them in.  At this point I realized we had everything except medicine, so I set out for the nearby pharmacy.

I found the pharmacy untouched amazingly, all of the medical supplies were still there, I took back as much as I could carry and told my guys that we'll make a run in the morning.  This was when Poolcue Guy came back, however he brought a friend with him who pointed a shotgun at us.  We told them to stay back, and they walked off down an alleyway that lead to the rear of our base.  I assumed they were going to break in, so I followed them down the alleyway and BANG

Point blank

Shotgun

Head

Dead.

Moral of the story, either bring them into the fold or kill them, do not let them bring their buddies back to kill you.

I don't know what happened next, but I can assume my group killed them.  Overall it was a really fun experience, better than my experience of DayZ and Rust by far (both bored the hell out of me).

I was pursuited by two crazy guys with knives for 30 minutes. I lost them finally xD. Then i found a SHOTGUN!! (fuck yeah), and i found some guys and when i was about to slaugther them my game crashed.... :cry:

I love what you guys are doing with this game! Multiplayer rules! Its like real life, if real life was full of zombies and devastation.

I don't know what happened next, but I can assume my group killed them.  Overall it was a really fun experience, better than my experience of DayZ and Rust by far (both bored the hell out of me).

Hi GodWaffle, here's what happened from my perspective: When you boldly (foolishly?) set off down that alley to catch up with shotgun guy and his pal, I yelled for you to stop, as I expected an ambush. I guess you didn't hear me. I soon heard shotgun fire from the alley, and though I couldn't see what happened and though it might have been your shotgun firing, I was almost certain you were dead. I hid across the street, in a house with a view to the alley, and soon enough the two intruders reemerged, confirming my grim suspicions. Now I was in a pickle, because I wasn't sure I had grabbed the right gun from our storeroom; out of the two pistols, only one was fully loaded. I decided to gamble, and opened fire. Long story short, I managed to hit him once before my gun went *click click click*. Though he was mortally wounded, he took this opportunity to rush me and finish me with his shotgun. In the end, we both died. I don't know what happened to the other guy. It was one of the most tense experiences I've had in PZ.

Yes, this is why I feel that other players often just serve to ruin the whole experience instead of adding to it.

I think it is compounded a bit because in Multiplayer with even just one more friend makes PZ its incredibly easy.  Your friend was probably bored and wanted to stir up some excitement,  which I cant blame him for, I'm sure it would have been entertaining to watch.

The problem I feel is that PZ hasn't been designed with multi-player in mind.  In single player there is the ultimate consequence for not taking things a bit more seriously.  Death is that consequence, but in multi-player, that consequence hardly matters.

If there was maybe a string of achievements to obtain unique to each life, along with some kind of leader board or rating system, maybe other players would find reason to halt their tom-foolery, start working towards some game driven objectives and eventually see the value in taking things a bit more seriously.   In other words, Multi-player needs some multi-player specific content and features.

I'm sure 'taking it seriously' in a game like this would cause some to laugh, but, personally, my enjoyment from games comes from  success.  Laughing and joking is fun, but doesn't have any long term gratification.

Played on two different servers, Eliakoh's, and the german one, can't remember the name sry :P .

When I first log in , everything was already looted, or looked looted, I encountered few survivors trying to get basic supplies, but pretty ignored them because I didn't wanted to share my loots. The feeling was so great, everything's dead, everything's pretty much looted, all buildings are fcked up, very few encounter with zombie for a while, the first one nearly got me, I was so surprised seing one !!

I ended up in southern muldraugh,near the Tavern, I hit some trailers untouched, found weapons(even a pistol), bag, food, ammo... Was pretty much stocked while everyone on the server was whining about no loot=D But I was very reluctant in electing some place as a safehouse and leaving my goods to be scavanged for any random players, so I kept everything in my bag and continued the journey towards the Self-Storage Buildings in Muldraugh, there I encountered some bandit player with an axe, he just walked towards me and hit me with his axe without a word, and then left, leaving me for dead. I was bleeding to death, and there wasn't much I could do to stop my dying. So I hid all my stuff in some random building, died, and created new character, got my stuff back, and continued the journey !!

Hitting all the building of the highway, everything was empty, but a crowbar in the Warehouse, perfect loot. Went for the Logging Company then, only to find it has been looted also, but not that much, and fortified a bit. I could find myself all the carpentry tools, but the axe (which I found later in some dead player's body in a closet in Spiffo's (?) , looked like he drank bleach. ).

Then I went to my safehouse in singleplayer, the farm just outside of Muldraugh, near the Warehouse. It was reinforced with plastered walls, had farm going on, with friendly players in it. They accepted me in the group, and I went to Dixie's with one of them to get loot, as i thought it was pretty much going to be ignored for most of the players, but in fact, half of the town was looted, the other half we looted and went back.

I couldn't resist taking ALL my stuff in my inventory and not in some random containers that could be looted, before disconnecting.

Ive been in ur safe house :) ``borrowed`` a trowel since ive found 2 in ur base, :wub: . Nice set up you have going, ill come drop some stuff to payback for the trowel once i finish setting up my base.

Very fun.

- Looking for weapons and other stuff. 

- Someone talks about a mad woman with a shotgun

- Make a safe house. Low on nails, search for more.

- Find a neighbours. They're friendly and give me nails. back to my house to take a present for they... and surprise! A motherf***** burns my house!

- Save my food and back with the neighbours. Me create a comunnity for few days.

- Low on supplies go near for something to eat.

- Find a house with a lot of food! Carrying 31 pounds os food for the others.

- When finnaly come back. Something is wrong: A horde are sorrounding the house. What happend?

- Run and enters the house, closing the door and...

- The mad woman is inside and shoot me till my death.

Yeah, the MP is better that you can imagine. Good Job!!!

On eliakohs server

People seem to think my base is a tavern/inn as i seem to get a lot of visitors who are lost and want to have either:

1) a drink.

2) some food.

3) somewhere to stay.

4) the latest rumors and news (potential loot spots and potential hotspots of bandit activity).

5) a couch to sit down on and read a book.

Being the friendly guy that i am i try to help them out before they go off to find an unlooted spot.

I have a couple of returning customers and have probably had half the server population at some point passing through. Lot friendlier bunch than what i expected and a lot of fun. Some of them even leave gifts and a couple have decided to stay around and help at times.

Overall i can just say that i am loving the fact that this game isn't a deathmatch with zombies.

So here I was wandering the ruins of the world when I stumble upon a house. I notice a barricade on a window but imagine the house is probably empty. So I go in and have a little look around and it is full to the brim with loots. I figure this looks like a safehouse but no one is home. While I am seeing what they got (yet to loot anything however) I get attacked from behind by some woman with a hammer. I back the hell off and want to explain myself, I am just looking around, but she chases me and tries to hit me some more.

I run out of the house and she still follows. She tells me to get the fuck out. I tell her to fuck off. She did of course hit me in the back with a hammer. To prove a point I decide to smash up a few windows. She runs out anmd tried to kill me some more but I aint takin this, this time I fight back. I stand my ground and beat her to death with my shovel. Now anyone who knows me would tell you I am a nice guy but hitting me in the back like that and the rudeness? That gets to me that does. I was only lookin for a meal.

So anyway I figure the loots mine now. I go and try to find a bite to eat, a few bandages and whatnot and am ready to go. Then someone new appears. He asks if I am friendly I tell him I am, but to watch out cause this woman attacked me and maybe she had friends. I tell him to grab what he needs before I burn this den of villainy to the ground. At this point he starts to act kinda funny, trying to sneak around behind me, I htough I was just paranoid. However he then stops the acts and just came at me. I wail on him with my shovel and drop him too. Turns out he was a friend of the first woman, he took offence from my plans to deal with this safehouse.

I grabbed some TV dinners and cooked them, forgetting to turn off the oven, I sat down in the garden and ate. There may be no more TV but at least I had something to watch now.

I got on one server and role-played a red-neck, which worked until I died from food poisoning. Then I cut the role-play and set off on my own, before meeting a survivor named Dazzie and collaborating on stocking our safe-house. Then we met a nomad named Ty and were lead to a great forest clearing. We're currently exploring it for use as a safe-house location. This was one of my favorite Zomboid play sessions of all time. 

EDIT: I didn't think about it before, but I'm loving the Anonymity of this. I only thought before about playing with people I trusted, but this makes it so much more fun, playing with people you don't know and could very well be the end of you. It makes the game so much more suspenseful.

Joined one of the pvp servers with a friend. Mine took longer to connect, so he wandered off while I tried to get on. 

Collected an axe from the starting building and trudged off down towards the motel I was meeting him at. Halfway down, I met two guys - a guy called Keith being one of them - and the one with a shotgun started shooting at me

I took off across the field, fleeing for my life, and dodged inside a house hoping to lose them. 

When I turned around, the guy with the axe was there and he hit me, causing me to bleed. I grabbed my own axe and hit him back as the shotgun guy sped in. I took axe guy down - which was the moment shotgun guy realised he was screwed - and turned on shotgun guy as he legged it.

No mercy for those who pursue me across a field and hack my face off for no reason. I chased after him, whapped him with my axe, stole his shotgun and ran away.

A+ would recommend, definitely playing again.

Is it me, or do zombies not seem very dangerous? I tried to commit suicide and it took ages!

it occured to me too, that somehow zombie are too easy. i was trap in the appartment over the food market with 20+ zombie and i somehow managed to run trough them and get out. I felt like they were less ``grabby`` then in singleplayer, Only reason i found was  lag.

I had a fab time earlier.

Me and another guy, whos character I called Jenny, started off together on the road. We were travelling for a little while before we finally decided to go to town (the one beginning with W.) I think that was a great decision - we were on the road for quite a while, until we finally arrived to a petrol station.

Two friendly survivors were inside, known as DJ and Mathias. We agreed to group up, making four, so after having a drink and some food, we were on the road once again.

Killing a few walkers on the way, it was night when we finally got into town. There were walkers everywhere - we had to watch our backs as we looted a few houses. We even managed to find a few guns, and we had ammo which we found from earlier on. We were set for the night.

Heading into the woods a little, there was a large house that was perfect for us to stay at. We left some of our supplies in a bin, but Mathias wanted to head out into the woods to hide our things. What a mistake.

Mathias had always been the leader - he went ahead and we followed him. It worked that way; until now. He went ahead, whilst Elizabeth, Jenny and DJ were all slightly behind. Of course, he went deep into the woods and found a good spot to hide our things. He even shot a few walkers on the way. Another mistake.

Within thirty seconds, the whole woods was swarmed with walkers. I don't know where he was, but Jenny was having a tough time taking down the undead, whilst Elizabeth and DJ were clearing an exit. Elizabeth told everyone to run, and started off running by herself. Only DJ and Elizabeth followed.

Heading back to the house to see if Mathias would show up, we had no idea what had happened to him. Elizabeth and DJ were injured - they needed bandages. Jenny disappeared off back to into the woods to see if she could find Mathias, and returned with nothing. DJ went off by himself, leaving Elizabeth and Jenny, when I sadly disconnected. 

I returned a little later, and DJ was in the house. He again left by himself, telling Elizabeth that she could take his things. I suppose she was the last standing.

I'm about to launch the game again - it's a great play!

I just wish we had a way to disable PvP, not because I don't like the threat of it, but because I'm sick of assholes with shotguns deciding to gun you down on sight just for the "lulz." It really kills it for me.

Then change the pvp=true to pvp=false in the server file, easy as cake :)

yea the zombies you can run right thru without being stopped, also your health constantly resets everytime you receive an injury, so it literally takes 5 minutes for 6 zombies to kill you. Another thing is that all types of injuries seem to infect you, ive been infected by being hit with a hammer, infected from being shot, infected from breaking a window with my bare hand.

The guns are also very unbalanced. The shotgun is abysmal for pvp and usually doesnt hit even at close range, while anyone using a pistol seems like they have auto lock and can fire off 10 shots in 3 seconds without missing at any range

I just wish we had a way to disable PvP, not because I don't like the threat of it, but because I'm sick of assholes with shotguns deciding to gun you down on sight just for the "lulz." It really kills it for me.

Then change the pvp=true to pvp=false in the server file, easy as cake :)

Hm. I wish the owner of the server I play on would do that.