Workshop Mods with Multiple "Branches" (eg Authentic Z) and SteamCMD

RedDogMT

Question

I just started running a private Zomboid server for me and some friends. Basic setup is working just fine. I have come across a few mods in the Steam Workshop that have more than one 'branch' assigned to the WorkshopID and included in the download. I don't know the proper way of setting up the server to use only one of the branches. I assume I could install it as a standalone mod, but ideally, I want to keep it as a Workshop mod so it will download and update automatically.

For example, Authentic Z has three 'branches' of the same mod under the one Workshop ID (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2335368829):

• AuthenticZBackpacks+
  • Authentic Z - Current
  • AuthenticZLite

The author of the mod has a FAQ with the following 

Q: What do I do with the AuthenticZBackpacks+ module?
A: This branch is for the people who only want the backpack system that AuthenticZ offers. Do NOT enable this with the regular Authentic Z branch - It will create redundancies.

So, what is the best way to configure the server to only use "Authentic Z - Current" and not the others even though they are all under the same WorkshopID? 

4 answers to this question

Think of it this way, a workshop mod is just a "pack" of several Zomboid mods, it can be either just one mod inside the pack or many mods. Or as you call them "branches;

Adding the workshop ID to the server will download this whole pack, for the mods to be enabled you have to add the specific Mod IDs to the Mods= line in the server settings.
Meaning if you only want to enable one mod from the whole pack you just put in AuthenticZLite in the Mods= line
If you want all of them then you put all of them, if none then none. The workshop ID is just for the server to download the mods from the workshop and the Mod IDs are there to actually enable the mods that are downloaded.

9 hours ago, Beard said:

Adding the workshop ID to the server will download this whole pack, for the mods to be enabled you have to add the specific Mod IDs to the Mods= line in the server settings.

Ah, I missed that bit when I set up the server. That also explains why the mods are not activating in game.

Thanks for the help.

14 hours ago, Soybert said:

Looking at this same mod, and the map folder line is confusing me, do i put that in the same line in the .ini file as i would like blackwood?

When you go to the workshop page of the mod you can see what the map folders and all other info at the bottom of the page.

image.png

Archived