The new radio voice is torturous

HetCigarr

"An interview with ... global initiative ... in new york, over 5 billion dollars is set aside to tackle the worst problems in developing countries: ... disease, climate change. As part of the conference ... with fox news ... The ... is simple..."
You can hear like 70% of what they say in the Automated emergency broadcast. Unlike the old sound, you can clearly tell they are not talking about the weather, and you get to hear it up 24 times per in-game day... Having heard it thousands of times it's driving me NUTS

Anyone know the voices in it? 

I think it is Rush Limbaugh with clips from Bill Clinton.

As for the Automated Emergency Broadcast, I think some systems use neutral sounding computer automated voices. 

Sort of like the voices in GPS driving systems. 

That shouldn't be too hard to mimic.

Even better would be if they actually gave the real forecast for that day.

This is a massive QoL issue. On servers without global chats people use radios to do all the communicating. Having heard this audio loop around 1000 times I would not mind if we had more. . . Variety? If the game could sense if it was a male or female talking on the radio would also be a nice feature. 

I wouldn't mind seeing this one removed now to be fair. TV/Radio definitely needs more variety in sound and some could have unique ones too. The TV shows for instance could have their own little jingle or something. I honestly don't like that everything has to have the same Bill Clinton interview. He's 50 years old and almost died...

The worst offender for me though is the AEBS. That really ought to sound like an actual AEBS.

Archived