Project Zomboid: Is it worth it?

Colin22

10 minutes ago, Colin22 said:

I want to know if it is still worthwhile to purchase Zomboid before I do. How much playtime can I expect from it as well?

If you like an RPG survival game with elements of hamster life surrounded by zombies, then you will play for hundreds of hours.
At the moment I have played more than 2000 hours.

You will probably play for about 10 hours before you learn to survive, then after that each character takes about a week to skill up to where you can fix up cars and build yourself a high end base, then another few days of combat to max out a weapon skill.

You probably get bored of the game before you wind up maxing out everything on a single character because it gets very grindy as you progress your character past like level 6 in a skill but it's satisfying when you go from dying in couple days to surviving for months.

Buy it if that sounds appealing

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, Colin22 said:

I want to know if it is still worthwhile to purchase Zomboid before I do. How much playtime can I expect from it as well?

I have seem a lot of people saying that they have clocked 600+ hours in the game and still aren't bored with it. The map is really huge and you can spend as much time exploring and playing with it as you are willing to.

Easy to answer for yourself... if you like a game where you can gun down thousands of zombies with your ridiculously oversized gun while teabagging one without fearing getting your nuts chewed off, than... don't buy this one *g

If you on the other hand want to get frustrated by getting terminally punished for every mistake you make and still try to do better the next time, and some day even master the apocalypse... to the inevitable end later in the first week, than buy it right away and have fun! 

I have been playing Project Snackeroid since 2014. One of my favorite games I have something like 2,500 hours or some biscuit. The replay value alone makes the game well worth the monies, not many games out there can keep my attention for that long, mainly just play singleplayer. Every new game is an adventuring shit show. I didnt start using mods until a couple years ago; the workshop for this game is huge and workshop creators are always creating something new from hardcore mods to quality of life. Lastly the sandbox settings of the game are very customizable , so if you are having troubles you can tone down or make things harder and customize it to your individual playstyle. 

How much play time you will log depends if you like the game.  I've just 1017 hours currently and it's my fourth highest playtime, so it's safe to say I like the game.  The dev team are amazing and are slowly but steadily adding new features and functions to the game.  And the modders for the game are amazing and have pulled off things that nobody thought possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Early stages of the game - exciting, demanding, frustrating, rewarding.  End stages - once you are competent in survival, you have to make the game what you want it to be.  Playing MP, building, hunting zombies, etc.  My guess is that most people will gravitate toward MP after numerous hours solo.

Archived