playwars

Topic Poll  

1. 1. Would you like to see this in Project Zomboid ?

• Oh hell yes !
    • No, I'd rather not.
    • Yes, but I believe this would require some modifications (don't hesitate to comment about them !)

Hello ! I always loved the concept of the metagame events in project zomboid, and I'd dearly like to have some more implemented into the game. Here are some suggestions (as usual, they are worded like wiki articles as it is easier for me to formulate them that way).

Some of these events are linked to my Falling Skies (Crashed Aircrafts) suggestion.

Unique metagame events :

Landing Cesna :

During the early days (days 0-3), a cessna will fly in from the north and attempt to land at the abandoned airfield south of valley station, attracting nearby zombies. It is a relatively small and minor event, to avoid overwhelming the player from the get go, and could serve as a warning/prelude to the helicopter event. A few hours before it arrives, the same warning on the emergency broadcast that is given for the helicopter is sent.

Transport plane crash :

During the 4th day, a transport plane will fly to and crash north of Muldraugh, causing quite a ruckus and attracting many of the zombies in the surrounding areas.

Jet interceptors :

An hour after the helicopter event has ended, jet sounds can be heard from presumably a fighter aircraft. A few hours afterwards an explosion can be heard, presumably the news helicopter being shot down by the military.

Exclusion zone overrun :

During the 5th day, the exclusion zone's primary checkpoint is overrun during the morning, as the sounds of a riot lure in the infected, which causes a massive firefight, which can heard even from very far away, luring in even more zombies and causing the military to fall back.

Military helicopter crash :

An hour after the firefight of the exclusion zone overrun event has ended, a helicopter will make its way to the military homes, part of the exclusion zone border south of Louisville, and crash in the suburbs north of said homes shortly after taking off again (~3 hours after originally coming in).

Bomber crash :

On day 6, with a cataclysmic detonation that can be heard map wipe, a B-2 Spirit bomber crashes south east of Louisville with its entire payload, causing it to detonate and create a massive crater.

Bridge destruction :

On day 7, in the evening, the military opens fire with artillery and uses demolition charges to destroy key bridges, causing a distant rumble that can be heard from most of the map. Depending on where you are positioned, the sound will come from, and attract the zombies to, the nearest bridge.

Spy plane crash :

On day 30, in the middle of the night, a U-2 reconnaissance spy plane will crash south of riverside, in the woods between riverside and doe valley.

Repeatable metagame events :

All of those events are effectively alternatives to the current screams and gunshots metagame events.

Explosion :

A loud explosion, like that made by a heavy bomb, can be heard, with jet engine sounds heard briefly before and after the detonation, presumably a military bombing run.

Grenade barrage :

A series of small explosions, presumably grenades, can be heard, causing the zombies to migrate.

Sirens :

Before day 9, sirens can be heard in the distance, attracting the zombies.

Sustained gunfire :

Sound from a sustained gunfight, like a full on battle against the infected or even other humans. Can last for up to an hour before stopping abruptly.

Edited by playwars

Quite a lot action for such a lonesome experience I'd say. I like most of the ideas but I also think that this would only make sense when npcs finally arrive because at the moment hearing that much action but seeing none would feel strange and artificial and break immersion.