Apartment Building

nexitem

After getting the hang of the tools and learning how to make a simple house I got in contact with the guy that makes the huge DayZ map cause I wanted to help. (Project Cherno)

I am still learning but I think I am doing quite well :D

This is what I am working on currently, it is a building with 22 apartments on 4 floors.
The most boring part is to make each apartment have different wall colors, but I am doing fine for now.

I wanted to show you what I did cause maybe some of you guys can give helpful tips. Anyways this is it:

UPDATE: I'm done with most of the inside work, Time to get working on the surrounding area.

http://imgur.com/a/L0qXP#0

G85Kd38.jpg

XzgxHjS.jpg

Hb6W4MN.jpgyxZcuVI.jpgBWcoTjQ.jpg

Old Version:

rKvmJq1.jpg

The whole Building with Floorplan and each floor so far:http://imgur.com/a/lZCAi#0

A tip is to not make the rooms feel repetitive.

And in the future get some inside screenshots : P

The link under the picture has all the floors from inside. :P

The layout for each floor is the same ( ofc, thats how you build apartments ) However I am going to make every apartment look different that the next. Colors / furniture

Awesome stuff!

If you havnt worked it out yourself yet, then using the "room" button to bring up the list of rooms will allow you to duplicate a room, change the walls/floor/grime and save it as another room (bathroom, bathroom 2 etc).

Keep up the great work! I can defo see your buildings being used in my Mega Map Mod!

<3

Awesome stuff!

If you havnt worked it out yourself yet, then using the "room" button to bring up the list of rooms will allow you to duplicate a room, change the walls/floor/grime and save it as another room (bathroom, bathroom 2 etc).

Keep up the great work! I can defo see your buildings being used in my Mega Map Mod!

<3

:) Yea I figured that out pretty fast, I named all my rooms "F1Apartment1,F2Apartment1 blabla :P still annoying haha

Nice work!

Glad to see a new PZ builder aboard, one tip is to not make the rooms repetitive as others said. But you figured it out already due to the others(And RingoD :cry: ), we hope to see you make some amazing work!

And i sounded like a robotic tour guide saying that!

I'm quite impressed, though like others have already mentioned--it does feel a bit too repeditive. Though perfectly realistic, most structures of today which exhibit the same architechtural style would attempt diversity in the floor-by-floor design, if not on the whole of the building.

I'm quite impressed, though like others have already mentioned--it does feel a bit too repeditive. Though perfectly realistic, most structures of today which exhibit the same architechtural style would attempt diversity in the floor-by-floor design, if not on the whole of the building.

Yea, I am currently going after a realistic feeling of the building, after all this is one of the buildings that would be used in the dayz map.

I Have some plans to make the hallways feel less repetitive :) Also a lot of outside work still to be done.

Yea, I am currently going after a realistic feeling of the building, after all this is one of the buildings that would be used in the dayz map.

I Have some plans to make the hallways feel less repetitive :) Also a lot of outside work still to be done.

To be honest - judging by my experience with mapping tools (I've also been making apartment building before :P) - you can copy and paste the floor plans higher up.

All you REALLY need to do to make rooms feel different is place furniture differently in each room. Once you've done that - finish up by adding random grimes and wall dirt. You can download my map and see for yourself what I did with my rooms - essentially, they are all the same, only the furniture and "dirt" on the walls are different :P http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4731-5-story-apartment/

To be honest - judging by my experience with mapping tools (I've also been making apartment building before :P) - you can copy and paste the floor plans higher up.

All you REALLY need to do to make rooms feel different is place furniture differently in each room. Once you've done that - finish up by adding random grimes and wall dirt. You can download my map and see for yourself what I did with my rooms - essentially, they are all the same, only the furniture and "dirt" on the walls are different :P http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4731-5-story-apartment/

Your building was my main inspiration for a apartment building, I added grimes to walls already, other details like blood etc will be added when the main features are done. Really like your work.

When I had the raw layout of the first floor, All I did was duplicated it up. These mapping tools are very powerful in the right hands. Some things still annoy me a little bit, I have some suggestions for the PZ dev team... I write them down.

Its a gorgeous building! I like the implications. I noted you had one empty apartment in there, nice touch! Now add the requisite hoarder (trashed apartment completely stuffed with magazines and newspapers) and you've got an honest-to-god lived in apartment building.