Play as Zombie Mod? (Patient Zero)

leon2356

Was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to play as a zombie? Like, in a way where you can move around and bite, and maybe using Surperb survivors or when they add NPCs, make a scenario where you are patient zero and need to infect everyone.

Kind of like the, "Stubbs the zombie" video game. Maybe when you press q it makes zombies follow you and you can lead hordes around and zombie spawns start at zero, but as you bite more people it ticks a threshold and zombies start to spawn around the map.

So that is why I want to know, It it currently possible to control a zombie?

I like the idea of this, however i don't think it will play out how you think it will. You can't use cars, you can't sprint unless that's one of the zombie types you prefer. The survivors will be much faster and more cunning than you, they will be armed or carry weapons. Just think how many zombies you ended up killing before that one lucky bastard managed to sneak up on you at the right moment. So it could end up being a very long drawn out game of cat and mouse filled with frustration when you finally see a survivor and he jumps into a car and drives off, or wraps a baseball bat around your head because you weren't quick enough. That said, I still like the idea

• 3 months later...

No, but the IsoLivingCharacters classes are very flexible. You should be able to simply replace the Bob models with those for zombies and then implement all the behaviours you said.

Of course, this would be a major makeover which will require a lot of time. Guess it would make sense to mix up NPC functions with those of the zed functions to build that "more or less" controllable horde.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, alphagamer1981 said:

I like the idea of this, however i don't think it will play out how you think it will. You can't use cars, you can't sprint unless that's one of the zombie types you prefer. The survivors will be much faster and more cunning than you, they will be armed or carry weapons. Just think how many zombies you ended up killing before that one lucky bastard managed to sneak up on you at the right moment. So it could end up being a very long drawn out game of cat and mouse filled with frustration when you finally see a survivor and he jumps into a car and drives off, or wraps a baseball bat around your head because you weren't quick enough. That said, I still like the idea

Well, it's all about balancing. It'd require a lot of rebalancing for sure, but hey ho, why not. That's what makes a mod a good mod, isn't it?

Edited by stuck1a