Project Zomboid Open PVP Server [Located in France] [PVP] [RP] [24/7]

MonkeyDrone

NOTE (1st March 2014): Once the new update is out, the server will be switched to a PVE - WhiteListed only server.

I will setup a few links soon where people can sign up for the server's whitelist. I simply do not want any hackers or griefers on my server. I want an atmosphere of coop gaming and that is what I will be pushing out.

You will need to provide your SteamID or your Steam Profile link to be able to qualify for the whitelist.

Stay Tuned!

NOTE (25-Feb-2014): As of right now, hackers, griefers are running wild and free on the server and we currently have no admin tools to kick/ban these players out of the game. The next update will bring us the tools we need to take care of the griefers. Till then, bare with us at the huge mess the server is in right now. Better things will come, when the developers release the next update of the game.

Hello Everyone

When i found out that MP is finally out for PZ, I wanted to launch a server but before that I wanted to have a go at it first. My curiosity got the better of me and I spent a few hours playing on the first open pvp server by Eliakoh. Have been in talks with him for a while now and he's a cool guy from what I can tell. Helped me out as well when I needed it :)

Server IP:

Hostname: revolut10n.com  [might be pointing to old IP Address for the next 48 hours]

That's the number 10 in the word.

Server is based in Germany with Hetzner. Currently the server has been dedicated 4 GB of RAM. If plenty of people play on it and it does run low on RAM, I will provide it with more =].

Server Location: Northern France

Server Provider: OVH

The devs want bug reports and stuff to help improve their game, so jump on in the server and cause some chaos :-D

Try not to PVP at spawn area please, lets all be civilized for the first 10 minutes of our life :P

EDIT: SERVER Currently OFF-Line while I set the new server up. New world with fresh resources and everything. If all goes well, No more Server resets, a persistent world for days to come. Setup your farms, your houses, your camps and Game On!

Edit 2: New Server now online, Server has 16 GB Ram dedicated to it to support a huge number of players.

Edit 3: Updated Title with Prefix. Also World Resetted [ 26th Feb 2014 ]

Edited by MonkeyDrone

Server will be made with Whitelist in a few days. As much as PVP is enjoyable. Having some random player come in and destroy your hours of work in a minute is no fun.

I will setup guides on how to apply for the Whitelist soon (clyde)

For the Developers:

When the alarm goes off, the server uses a full 100% load on a single thread. It is not utilizing multithreads. It has caused spiked lag issues quiet a few times.

I will restart the server soon with taskset and assign multiple threads to the server to see if it uses multiple threads and not go 100%+ on a single thread.

As for the Ram usage, server was assigned 4GB of which it is using 4GB. It has 20+ players and it was using 4 GB. Player count dropped to 14 or so yet the Ram usage was still at full. Is there some sort of memory leak? Should the ram not have freed up once the players had left.

Sincerely,

Monk.

Server will be made with Whitelist in a few days. As much as PVP is enjoyable. Having some random player come in and destroy your hours of work in a minute is no fun.

For the Developers:

When the alarm goes off, the server uses a full 100% load on a single thread. It is not utilizing multithreads. It has caused spiked lag issues quiet a few times.

I will restart the server soon with taskset and assign multiple threads to the server to see if it uses multiple threads and not go 100%+ on a single thread.

As for the Ram usage, server was assigned 4GB of which it is using 4GB. It has 20+ players and it was using 4 GB. Player count dropped to 14 or so yet the Ram usage was still at full. Is there some sort of memory leak? Should the ram not have freed up once the players had left.

Sincerely,

Monk.

It's java, so it grabs the amount of mem you've assigned at start and keeps it throughout. When people drop out java frees up a chunk of that 4gig that it was using for the map the person was in, but the OS won't get it back cause java has it reserved for if it needs it suddenly. Java mem is not OS mem.

We'll look into alarms. Probably zombie pathing thing.

For the Developers:

Sincerely,

Monk.

It's java, so it grabs the amount of mem you've assigned at start and keeps it throughout. When people drop out java frees up a chunk of that 4gig that it was using for the map the person was in, but the OS won't get it back cause java has it reserved for if it needs it suddenly. Java mem is not OS mem.

We'll look into alarms. Probably zombie pathing thing.

Thanks for the update. I figured that was also one of the possibilities that once reserved its just keeping the ram reserved. Glad to know its not going to waste.

As for the 100% CPU usage on a single thread, do let us know if you figure out what's going on with it. Other then that. There has been no issues with the server. (fedora)

Had quite some fun for my first multi player experience, but there are a few points.

Roleplaying:

Unfortunatly it takes too long to stop and type something when you encounter someone to "role play" its either run or kill, especially when you encounter 2 or more people. 

Groups of players have such an over whelming advantage that, even if some in your group do want to role play, or at least want to play friendly, chances are one person in the group wants to be the hero or the arsehole and will just kill.  With no negative consequences at all, I feel PK'ing will eventual deter people from putting serious time into MP.  There needs to be a better system, instead it just feels thrown in as an after thought.  Even some simple 'guilt' moodles would be a good start, but there's nothing.

Alarms:  still the most frustrating thing in the game.  More so in MP since you can be standing there doing nothing at all after having spent hours securing the place, with the power out and the alarm still goes off for no reason.  

MP aside, personaly, I feel they should be removed until such time that a better system can be put in place.  A home owner fits an alarm to 'deter' Burglars he doesnt want to catch burglars as a kind of pokemon game.  The home owner will want to make it obvious by having the alarm in a clear visable place on the outside of your house so that your less likley to be targetted in the first place.  You dont keep it secret and hidden away in order to try and catch burglars like some mouse trap.

There's no way to 'game' the alarm in Zomboid, if a house alarm was visable, you would at least have a decision to make, or if you fail to scout it out then you accept your error.  Instead it just feels like a cheap randomly generated trick that has little gaming value and often only serves to damage your ear drums as some kind of shallow dev joke.

Wtb better alarm mod :)

Hey everyone, thank you for the kind words and support.

The server is temporarily offline for an hour or two while I arrange some stuff on the server. Did i quick dirty job setting up the server before, organizing my files now xD

Will update when the server is back online. Also will be increasing the Ram of the server to 8GB from 4GB, so bring your friends in. Plenty of room for more. :)\

EDIT1: Server is now back Online!

thx for the server, you'll see me many times from now on:) I`m a team player, so please dont shoot on sight :)

hey ! i think we met at the hotel and you gave me stuff but i dced because my pc shut down ... hope to meet again and crush some zomboids

yep that was me, was almost dead, so I gave u everything, hope we will meet again:)

unfortunately server down? or it's me who see 'connecting' on servers list? :P

by the way: great server, in some moments i have some lags or have to wait on the edge of map waiting for next part of map to load, but it can be also my internet :P

really nice server with really nice people :) as soon as possible left spawning area, and then the real great game begun :) it's my first MP and i'm curious for how long it will be possible to keep it going in group :P

p.s. is zombies numer lowered or things has changed in last updates? :P i was out for a while, until i realized that BIG MP is here ;]

p.s.2 is there any way to personalize my character with which i'll be starting?