[OFFLINE] pz.mindescape.eu / closed

eliakoh

So I have run into an issue - I was playing last night and my power went out (wind storm IRL) when it came back on I tried to log back in but I wasn't able to, so I left it for the night - just tried to log back in now but can't seem to do it. Get the "ID_CONNECTION_REQUEST_ACCEPTED" and then it just sits there. Tried changing names, and restarting PZ but no dice.

Edit: I assume I should put this in the multiplayer bugs thread, but thought I would mention it here. 

Yeah server crashed 2 times this night, I hope it will last longer now because i'm going to sleep soon.

It's running fine for a few hours now though.

Eliakoh you should think about reseting every day carefuly, With 24hrs reset building a safehouse or farms its pointless and thats a big part of the game. I know that the resets are important for people who joins later but still I imho 24hrs reset is a bit too much

I appreciate your comment, it's very hard to make sure everybody will have fun playing the game on the server. I see that you have voted at the poll, and I highly encourage everybody to give their opinion.

I fully agree to the long-term vision of the game, I'm just afraid that a devastated world will discourage many new players in the actual state of the game (with spawnkillers, zombie-free areas, all other things who will be fixed over time).

With admin commands coming soon, we already can think about resetting later :)

Maybe we could look into an airdrop scenario which would be an admin placing a crate and filling it with useful (as well as not so useful) items. "Broadcast" that airdrops have deployed, sit back, and enjoy the mad scramble. That would keep things fresh as well as liven things up. I assume this would need to be done via a plugin though, and I doubt there is anything at this point.

This could probably be made into a mod on it's own without the need for admins, but I have no scripting experience in lua. If it could be modded would be cool for SP as well.

I have been having a lot of fun on this server, thank you for hosting it!

I like the idea, but i think mods are disabled for the MP build :(

They are currently yea, hopefully in the future we will see them enabled!

So when you do server wipes are you wanting us to wipe our character data or is it just to repopulate the map with loot?

Yeah it's more to repopulate the map with loot and zombies actually.

No need to wipe your character data, I can't check that everybody did it anyways.