Possibly The End of my Account.

CatGuitarist

Probably one or two of you guys will know, that PZ isn't avaible in my country. If you don't know, well, I live down in South America, Argentina. Right in the capital. It's summer here, and i went to the U.S for vacation. I always bring an awesome game, PS3 or PC. (Last Summer was Uncharted) but this summer, an awesome game had striken me: Project Zomboid. I quickly paid my friend so he could buy it with his credit card, as i only have a debit card. He got the key from Desura, i installed the game when i got back, etc.

The game runned out fine. However, day for day, the game turns out to be even slower, and slower. I tried freeing my disk space and getting rid of any adware, but it just turned out worse.

Today, PZ is inrunnable. No way to get it to work, and it's obviously because i am running it from a country too far from the purchase location (Washington). So... Without the proper game, there is no point to be in this forum, to my mind..

If i can't issue a purchase from my country (Wich would be impossible, as my coin is not much known, it's just like a really unworthy mexican peso. 14 times less than the dollar.) there will probably be no hope than getting the game.

No, i am not a cheapshot and ask for a free copy. Only cowards ask that. I wan't the developers to be rich from this game- And every coin is worth.

I really like this game, and i don't want to be inclined to stop playing it. It's zombie survival open world, my favorite genre; fused with retro graphics.It's like a dream. I really want to keep playing it.

Also, the forum is a wild forest of beauty; Everyone is so kind to me. Even when i misinterpretated the rules of the forum for another one, wich is a total different story.. You guys are just so supportive, and there is no spam whatsoever! I personally think both the Users, Developers, Admins are Mods are taking their rights, or jobs, seriously.

If you know a way to load a debit card currency into a different one, or if you can help me... Please reply or send a PM.

Leave your thoughts below, like always..

Never die, PZ~

I don't think so. Everything is clean and such. Also it happens with alot of games. This same thing happened with most PC games i buy through my trips to other countries. However, when i bought a second copy of Surgeon Simulator 2013, it fixed up. So i think i may have a purchase here... Just maybe.

Well, if it isn't country-related. I could possibly just enter the source code and see if something goes weird.

But, how will i go in MP? I really, really really want to survive along others, would be a pretty awesome experience.

Also, i readed the post once again, and it seems a bit.... Melodramatic, i think.. Sorry if i was, i just really like the game...

The game runned out fine. However, day for day, the game turns out to be even slower, and slower. I tried freeing my disk space and getting rid of any adware, but it just turned out worse.

Today, PZ is inrunnable. No way to get it to work, and it's obviously because i am running it from a country too far from the purchase location (Washington). So... Without the proper game, there is no point to be in this forum, to my mind..

If i can't issue a purchase from my country (Wich would be impossible, as my coin is not much known, it's just like a really unworthy mexican peso. 14 times less than the dollar.) there will probably be no hope than getting the game.

No, i am not a cheapshot and ask for a free copy. Only cowards ask that. I wan't the developers to be rich from this game- And every coin is worth.

So...you are having lag, in a singleplayer game?

A friend of mine on steam lives in Chile, he has no problem whatsover running the game.

Also i seen people from argentina playing this game before on some streams, the problem is on your end.

Try deleting everything related to PZ, then make a reinstall.

Also use the steam one to use the beta test branch, that one is really smooth with the FPS.

Also that last bit of your post...

You said you paid your friend to bought you a copy of the game, so you have the game in Desura, but that last part of your post is saying something about not having the game and not asking for it.

You think that if you buy the game again in Desura, the game would work?

So...you are having lag, in a singleplayer game?

A friend of mine on steam lives in Chile, he has no problem whatsover running the game.

Also i seen people from argentina playing this game before on some streams, the problem is on your end.

Try deleting everything related to PZ, then make a reinstall.

Also use the steam one to use the beta test branch, that one is really smooth with the FPS.

Also that last bit of your post...

You said you paid your friend to bought you a copy of the game, so you have the game in Desura, but that last part of your post is saying something about not having the game and not asking for it.

You think that if you buy the game again in Desura, the game would work?

Not to mention that the latest version (is not on Desura yet, but is on steam) will run way faster than the older versions because it is optimized.

I don't see how your location has something to do with the game performance, but just to point it out, I'm in Argentina and the game is running fine. Your problem must be something related to your installation or computer.

I don't see how your location has something to do with the game performance, but just to point it out, I'm in Argentina and the game is running fine. Your problem must be something related to your installation or computer.

Aye, and I've gifted the game to a friend in Brazil before without them having any trouble.

There is 0 logic to the statement:

it's obviously because i am running it from a country too far from the purchase location (Washington).

That's not how single player games work.

This looks like a tech support question. You need to give computer specs for that.

Also, you claimed that you bought the game off Desura, then installed it, but then claimed that you don't have the proper game. That also makes no sense. Is the Desura version somehow not "proper"?

I don't get your post at all.

Lastly, you shouldn't have too many issues on MP if you're in the capital. I assume Argentina has adequate international internet connections from there.

Yep there is no logical connection :

Game is too slow ---> I live far away from the place I bought it.

Also, the game is being produced in the UK (if I'm not wrong). 

The problem with the videogame is somewhere else. If you give us some more informations maybe we can help you in a more "helpful" (ahahhah) way other than telling you that your reasoning is faulty.

The source of your problem can be everything really. Try posting your PC specs here, that would make helping easier.

The game uses quite some RAM (over 1GB). Depending on your hardware that could cause Windows to put more and more into your paging file, which would make everything incredibly slow over time.

Hm.

Possibly the funniest post I read today.

I live in India, which is literally on otherside of the world(for America atleast) and have been playing PZ for the last 3 years without any major hitches!

You can rejoice because it has nothing to do with location but other factors such as the type of gfx card, if the drivers are up to date, other typical hardware requirements etc.

as has been said, it sounds like a problem with your computer. I don't know how old the machine is but at the very least I'd say a boot time virus scan could do you no harm. I'd recommend avast antivirus... you can get the basic version for free and it's treated me very well for years.

Well, I live in south Brazil (my state even borders Argentina). I bought the game on Desura with PayPal (before steam release) and got a Steam key latter on.

You can be sure Cat, it's not the distance, or the place you bought it. PZ has performance issues on some machines, some versions are much faster than others. Try the steam version and see how it goes.

On the anti-virus note, I also use Avast Free, and "disable until restart" when playing PZ, or any game.

There is 0 logic to the statement: <snip>

Yep there is no logical connection :

Game is too slow ---> I live far away from the place I bought it.

<snip>

Just a quick general reminder to Be Lovely please.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be unpolite. Really I didn't want to sound rude or arrogant, I was just making a point! Sorry if in my writing I sounded arrogant.