Clothes Act as Armor

josef733

Basically, I was thinking that what if clothes could be a form of amour? It's no suprise that other people have probably thought of this too. But basiaclly each peice of clothing on you has some kind of armor rating, such as durability and how much damage is reduced when wearing it. Different clothes should have different stats and maybe when it comes to scraches and bites, different clothing have different % chance of a bite or scratch going through your clothing and into you.

I would also maybe have it where the clothes that you're wearing show up on your body display and hovering over the arm or chest shows how the condition of the armour is in that specific region. Another thing that would be interesting is, as the clothing degrades, the chance of getting bitten or scrached is higher. If you need to repair your chothing, bandages would be your option (but maybe not your only) but they would only repair 60% of the clothing.

This kind of addition would make both bandages and clothes a lot more valuable.

Tell me what you think.

Basically, I was thinking that what if clothes could be a form of amour? It's no suprise that other people have probably thought of this too. But basiaclly each peice of clothing on you has some kind of armor rating, such as durability and how much damage is reduced when wearing it. Different clothes should have different stats and maybe when it comes to scraches and bites, different clothing have different % chance of a bite or scratch going through your clothing and into you.

I would also maybe have it where the clothes that you're wearing show up on your body display and hovering over the arm or chest shows how the condition of the armour is in that specific region. Another thing that would be interesting is, as the clothing degrades, the chance of getting bitten or scrached is higher. If you need to repair your chothing, bandages would be your option (but maybe not your only) but they would only repair 60% of the clothing.

Tell me what you think.

Given armor has be denied by Dev's supposedly, this might to some extent fit, having clothes ONLY reduce the chances of a bite or scratch just slightly.

Because thin 100% cotton isn't going to do really anything when something is trying to eat you for survival.

Having a durability on clothes.. Eh. As long as it went down slow and only went down when your harmed by Zeds, otherwise Im up for it.

Thas about all I agree with regarding the thread

Tell me what you think.

Given armor has be denied by Dev's supposedly, this might to some extent fit, having clothes ONLY reduce the chances of a bite or scratch just slightly.

Because thin 100% cotton isn't going to do really anything when something is trying to eat you for survival.

Having a durability on clothes.. Eh. As long as it went down slow and only went down when your harmed by Zeds, otherwise Im up for it.

Thas about all I agree with regarding the thread

That's what im saying, most clothes will be useless against zombie attacks. I was thinking that the better the clothing, the higher the durability is. I was only gonna have clothes' durability go down from zonbies. 

And ofcourse the clothes would have significant durability, otherwise any kind of clothes would be useless in the long run.

Yeah. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with giving armor values to clothing items. A fresh, undamaged set of jeans could mean the difference between life or death by ankle-biter. It'd hurt, leave a nasty bruise, and maybe even sprain your ankle, but it could potentially save your life.

I don't care how strong a zombie is. Their jaws are still human and would be unable to go through anything heavier than a cotton t-shirt without a chance to tear it first.

Yeah. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with giving armor values to clothing items. A fresh, undamaged set of jeans could mean the difference between life or death by ankle-biter. It'd hurt, leave a nasty bruise, and maybe even sprain your ankle, but it could potentially save your life.

I don't care how strong a zombie is. Their jaws are still human and would be unable to go through anything heavier than a cotton t-shirt without a chance to tear it first.

Thanks, I'm glad you're interested in this. I just hope either someone at Indie Stone or a modder could stumble upon this and show some interest.