MP suggestion: Item spawning

Jela331

No way, not in my multiplayer games. Maybe as an optional extra for MP sometime way down the road, but really the whole point of PZ and what makes it so immersive imo is that it doesn't give in to those silly game-y tropes that make no sense whatsoever. We have farming and crafting and such to keep supplies up, why add something that makes no sense?

And in reality, we'll have actual NPC's running around leaving stuff places (not to mention players).

PZ probably won't have the DayZ problem of one person looting an entire town by themselves, then hopping to another server and doing it all over again.

I do like the idea of a loot skill though where it may hide some items on you because your character doesn't see them, but I suppose the lucky/unlucky traits accomplish a similar thing.

PZ probably won't have the DayZ problem of one person looting an entire town by themselves, then hopping to another server and doing it all over again.

I do like the idea of a loot skill though where it may hide some items on you because your character doesn't see them, but I suppose the lucky/unlucky traits accomplish a similar thing.

Thats not true I have actually seen some servers where everything was completely looted and a few people held up in small areas had everything. If respawning was around it would be great but it would need to be tested and maybe every 30 minutes and not 3 so you cant just go and farm items.

Maybe as a concession to limited item supplies, whenever new groups of NPC survivors arrive on the map some of them could already be carrying a bunch of finite items like nails. Stuff they supposedly could have looted while traveling in from other cities. It wouldn't alleviate the problem of shortened supplies but it would increase the locally available supplies of non-replenishable goods by small amounts helping to alleviate local demand.