Bullet_Magnate

Eye Injuries

Posted (edited)

Seems logical that injuries to the face, particularly scratches and lacerations, might injure an eye.  So far as I know, this is not something that currently exists in-game.  

Effects could include loss of accuracy, and reduction of range / field of vision, or even blindness if both eyes are injured badly enough. 

This could also give added value to things like safety glasses and welder masks, which could reduce the chance of such injuries.  

Such injuries could also become permanent to an extent, which is a separate subject likely meriting its own thread ... 

Edited by Bullet_Magnate
fixing typo

Right! Heart attacks, herpies, fever, numbness, rabies, HIV, schizophrenia no reason not to add these and so on, I mean you're just an average Kentuckian in 1993 prone to anything and everything.

This is just my sarcastic respone to a silly idea of micromenagment among MANY other things that we don't really need nor want, but could be great or just as RP mehanic in a form of a mod like defecation mod. In general this would only annoying for people and by the first month those who don't get infected will be blind as bats.

You should think about how you respond to ideas of other people in this thread. No problem with criticism or counterarguments if they are respectful.

Why would this be micromanagement? You wouldn't have to do anything. You get injured in the face and if you got bad luck your eye is broken and you lose some of your field of vision or get a "bad sight trait".

On 7/27/2022 at 8:40 AM, Bullet_Magnate said:

Seems logical that injuries to the face, particularly scratches and lacerations, might injure an eye.  So far as I know, this is not something that currently exists in-game.  

Effects could include loss of accuracy, and reduction of range / field of vision, or even blindness if both eyes are injured badly enough. 

This could also give added value to things like safety glasses and welder masks, which could reduce the chance of such injuries.  

Such injuries could also become permanent to an extent, which is a separate subject likely meriting its own thread ... 

It's an interesting idea. I don't know how it would fit in the scope of the game though. I'm almost positive that the devs are planning on adding more complexity to the first aid system, perhaps that will be enough to scratch the itch you're looking for?

On 8/6/2022 at 1:11 PM, Irken Empire said:

Right! Heart attacks, herpies, fever, numbness, rabies, HIV, schizophrenia no reason not to add these and so on, I mean you're just an average Kentuckian in 1993 prone to anything and everything.

This is just my sarcastic respone to a silly idea of micromenagment among MANY other things that we don't really need nor want, but could be great or just as RP mehanic in a form of a mod like defecation mod. In general this would only annoying for people and by the first month those who don't get infected will be blind as bats.

Very unnecessary commentary. Get some sleep.

Edited by orikamii