[41.73] [Singleplayer/Multiplayer] Vehicle doors not closing after entering

TheMitu97

Both Singleplayer and Multiplayer

Host

Yes

New save

Reproduction steps:

This issue only happens when engine of the car is already running when you enter it and start moving after entering immediately. Despite a sound of closing door playing, in reality, door stays open. This obviously creates danger for unaware players, as it leaves them vulnerable to zombie attacks. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen in previous builds. Happened in both singleplayer game and in multiplayer session with a friend. Also can't exclude that mods might be causing the issue, although like I said, it's something that started to happen recently.

It was present in prior builds, with the difference that a speed check was moved to isStopped. You have to wait for the action to complete. It’s very fast, as is.

I get the point about the sound, though. It is weird that it plays at the beginning of the action instead of the end.

Mods that include their own versions of entervehicle or close door actions may also change this behaviour, ofc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 4:02 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

It was present in prior builds, with the difference that a speed check was moved to isStopped. You have to wait for the action to complete. It’s very fast, as is.

I get the point about the sound, though. It is weird that it plays at the beginning of the action instead of the end.

Mods that include their own versions of entervehicle or close door actions may also change this behaviour, ofc.

Glad to know it's not a bug and how to avoid it going forward.  Ran into this issue today on a vanilla server, had just one zombie walking up, and took a moment to respond to someone cause visually the door was closed and window was up in an overall 70% condition vehicle.

However, cars typically have a noise indicator that a door is ajar.  There is no indication in the UI, it's not even visible on the car themselves.  Please please implement some way to indicate the door is open, and put in a vehicle interact option that allows us to close the door without getting out and then back in.

The current implementation is entirely unreasonable to players.