I remade the Riverside map.

SAYVS

Hi,

The other day I asked for a way to gather all graphical assets in Project Zomboid since I want to improve the visuals of the game.

As a test, I started with the Riverside Map trying to make it more real.

Remade Version

Riverside-Map-2.jpg

Actual Version

Riverside-map-1.png

You'll probably see that I added icons for all the interesting places and even tried to "name" the roads/streets. I did it because imho a real map will inform the "user" with all this stuff, so I don't think it would be unrealistic if the player has all this info on the map.

First of all, I want to know if you guys like it. If that's the case, I can work on the rest of the maps in a similar way. Personally, I think every map should have at least an original or tweaked style, since different companies or comporations would print different maps with different designs. I even fantasized with the idea of designing outdated, vintage maps or even more crazy ideas :D

I'm a Graphic Designer and a UI/UX Designer. I tried to apply for a job at Indie Stone years ago and the team told me that in a lot of cases they gather new employees just by roaming around and discovering modders, so I think I'll try to work my ass off doing as much improvements as I can on the graphical part (for example, aside from maps, it would be awesome to improve the car HUD/Front Panel) so in the future I can at least show what I'm capable of.

Finally, all feedback will be well received and I'll present corrected versions if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...