No! I don't wanna die! D:

CatGuitarist

Gotta love those satellite views. Zombie godzilla might be a slight problem, but nothing you can't handle. Here's what I would do:

1.If the main room is not infested, quickly look behind every window if there might be an empty spot.

1.5 If there is, open the window and run as fast as you can.

2. If there is none, just open the door and run. They might try to grab you, but if you run fast enough and don't stop, there is a high change you will get out of it fine. Have done this a couple of times.

I wanted to die drunk and killing zombies with a shotgun at night.

Actually have done this, I had gathered all the supplies I needed to move to the farm, when a horde had decided to make a picnic just outside my safehouse. Started to clear it out, when a fast one, faster than a average zombie, rushed towards me at my weakest. Got bitten, got angry, ate my Chicken Casserole which I had saved for situation like this, grabbed all my whiskey, sawed-off shotgun, pistol and all the ammo (Which was alot).

Went out and started a revenge-lusted rampage, herded the zeds to a nice round ball of flesh, and started to blast off. The fight continued o the late night, with the muzzle flash of my shotgun being the only light source. When the fight was over, I was walking throught the Parking lot of Bodies, when one of them leaped towards me. I let it grab me, and just stood there, looking at it while it chewed my leg. Took my Axe™, raised it behind my back to get some force, and chopped the chewers head off. Went inside, sat to my counter, and fell to the ground.

It was glorious.

Gotta love those satellite views. Zombie godzilla might be a slight problem, but nothing you can't handle. Here's what I would do:

1.If the main room is not infested, quickly look behind every window if there might be an empty spot.

2. If there is none, just open the door and run. They might try to grab you, but if you run fast enough and don't stop, there is a high change you will get out of it fine. Have done this a couple of times.

Actually have done this, I had gathered all the supplies I needed to move to the farm, when a horde had decided to make a picnic just outside my safehouse. Started to clear it out, when a fast one, faster than a average zombie, rushed towards me at my weakest. Got bitten, got angry, ate my Chicken Casserole which I had saved for situation like this, grabbed all my whiskey, sawed-off shotgun, pistol and all the ammo (Which was alot).

Went out and started a revenge-lusted rampage, herded the zeds to a nice round ball of flesh, and started to blast off. The fight continued o the late night, with the muzzle flash of my shotgun being the only light source. When the fight was over, I was walking throught the Parking lot of Bodies, when one of them leaped towards me. I let it grab me, and just stood there, looking at it while it chewed my leg. Took my Axe™, raised it behind my back to get some force, and chopped the chewers head off. Went inside, sat to my counter, and fell to the ground.

It was glorious.

We should make a forum section for stories like Bob Morris, Morgan Freeman and Sledge Hammer's character... All awesome and badass people.

Its actually not lbs or kilos its the devs measure of "Encumbrance" its not a unit of measurement but you can think of it as basically weight + awkwardness. This is why bags reduce so much encumbrance. I can't find where I got this info but I seen one of the devs or moderaters made a post about it somewhere before

Its actually not lbs or kilos its the devs measure of "Encumbrance" its not a unit of measurement but you can think of it as basically weight + awkwardness. This is why bags reduce so much encumbrance. I can't find where I got this info but I seen one of the devs or moderaters made a post about it somewhere before

It's bang on the money, found this out while originally researching a rebalancing mod.

It was glorious.

This is how I've always wanted my characters to go out, but they usually die for dumb reasons instead.

So, again with the cabbage, must of got a rotten one, and i was in total agony and sickness, i thought : ''Hey, didn't i have some painkillers in the bathroom?'' I go check, and the answer was no. I got through all the safehouse to get some medicine, but nothing. Then i decided to go hunt some medicine, at the Cortman medical, was just a street away. After fighting off some zeds and ''stealthily'' got in the building, took all i could. Filled my 2 bags and whole inventory with pills and bandages and rushed home.

When i was rushing home ( This may be a better way for you to think the situation: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5119739877537026,0.2147564158147237,55.206143891243606 My house is the one with the white fence, which has walls being built partially, and no door on the wall.) I found that a horde of zombies was following me. At the point i was almost dead, i reached my house, and kept all the medicine in the bathroom. Then... BUMP.... BUMP.. BUMP...

The zeds knew where my safehouse was, and they are banging on the door! I close all sheet curtains and lock try to barricade the door, when i remember... A forumer told me to only bring what i need. To the loot, i didn't bring nails, but i brought 3 planks accidentally. ''Damn it! Why didn't i bring the nails!'' I thought. I went to check the crate, but i had moved all the tools to the shed, that was outside the house. I locked myself in the bedroom, still in agony, and sickness growing. Also with alot of excertion, and no vitamins. Painkillers do nothing to the pain and i have heavy load, so.. Here i am! What should i do in this hard situation? Little Bob Morris is hanging in the bedroom , maybe dying because i got attacked too close to some zombies, and didnt have time to check health. No windows in the bedroom, all of them are probably being tried to break by the zombies.... I am between a rock and a hard place, and 95% of the outcome of this is death. I don't want to die in my bedroom! I wanted to die drunk and killing zombies with a shotgun at night. Do you think there is a way little Bob Morris may be spared?

You need to find some food to increase your healing and strength

I must consume potato, so it will relieve my strength!

Also, how do i backup a save?

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/FAQ#Q._Where_are_my_save_files_located.3F

A. Save files are located in %username%\zomboid\survival and %username%zomboid\sandbox (e.g. C:\Users\YourUsername\zomboid\)

On Mac and Linux the saves are in Users/<Username>/Zomboid/ or /<Username>/Project Zomboid/

Just copy the folder and paste it somewhere safe.

Isnt that cheating?

You asked how you back up your save and I answered. If you mean "Should I do it, to save my character." Then I suppose in a way it's cheating death, but up to you. I'm not here to judge, just here to answer the question. :P

Meh, i can enter the same name and same traits and stuff.... Anyway i was doing it badly in that save. I was just a wimp, stayed in my house all day, waiting for loot to be at my hands. I have another save in sandbox, wich i passed through the triple of the zombies i passed with Bob, and just got a scratch on my shoulder. I am learning to play! :D

• 2 weeks later...

This gimmes my brain a little sparkle, what about a forum section as a graveyard! Where memorials of awesome characters or characters that survived through alot of stuff lie in threads! Would be pretty awesome.

Hey there! Long time stalker, first time poster :) I've just started getting into this game on steam and by gosh its just the best zombie survival game out there. Its my dream game. Anyway, hello :)

I was wondering if there were any plans to implement this sort of graveyard idea into the final game? Like a screen (or an actual in-game graveyard) that displays info about all your lost survivors, how long they survived, how many zeds they dispatched, that sorta thing. I'm CERTAIN this must have been mentioned somewhere else at some other point, but I just wanted to know if anyone knew if that idea was something they were looking at?

I miss all my survivors dearly :( and I learnt the hard way not to name one after yourself, poor little 'me' died in a record low of about 3 days. Betty Harris, Maria Cox, Ernest Miller, you will be missed. 

This gimmes my brain a little sparkle, what about a forum section as a graveyard! Where memorials of awesome characters or characters that survived through alot of stuff lie in threads! Would be pretty awesome.

Hey there! Long time stalker, first time poster :) I've just started getting into this game on steam and by gosh its just the best zombie survival game out there. Its my dream game. Anyway, hello :)

I was wondering if there were any plans to implement this sort of graveyard idea into the final game? Like a screen (or an actual in-game graveyard) that displays info about all your lost survivors, how long they survived, how many zeds they dispatched, that sorta thing. I'm CERTAIN this must have been mentioned somewhere else at some other point, but I just wanted to know if anyone knew if that idea was something they were looking at?

I miss all my survivors dearly :( and I learnt the hard way not to name one after yourself, poor little 'me' died in a record low of about 3 days. Betty Harris, Maria Cox, Ernest Miller, you will be missed. 

This is a nice post to transition from lurker to poster :)

Two things about your post caught my attention.  The first was when you were describing your 'dream game'.  I was introduced to PZ by my 15 year old son because about three months before I had described to him what my ideal zombie survival game would look like...and he had found this game, and he thought it was exactly what I was looking for, and wouldn't I like to take a look?  And he was right :)

The second thing was your idea...I like that idea.  Sort of a roguelike history of past games :)