APZDTISA III - Ask Project Zomboid Developers The Indie Stone Anything

nasKo

I love PZ and the idea of emergent storytelling from intrinsic game play. What have you learned from creating the meta-verse events, and do you think this could be applied to other types of games?

I'm mainly thinking "god" games, Sim City, Black and White, but is there scope for this kind of storytelling in FPS as well?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when NPC's are inserted, will they be able to tell what loot is valuable if that loot is part of a mod?

(to be clear, if i use the yet Another Weapons mod, which has many different types of ammo, guns and a few hand held weapons, will the NPC recognize and grab a box of .22 ammo, a Tactical Axe, Combat Knife or a Colt 1911 pistol?)

That being said, venomous snakes aren't really all that common. In my lifetime in the southern U.S. I only saw a handful, and those were all water moccasins.

I agree that they're not that common, but in my time in the south, I've seen quite a few copperheads that like to lay under wheel trash bins. 

How do you plan on making recipes?

- will you make all of them like current crafting (where you have all of them visible on the list)

- or like with cooking (where you can make anything you want as long as you as a player know how to make it)?

- are they're going to be learnable (won't be even able to see them on the list until character won't read about it in a skill book or some pamphlet)?

- are more detail information will be available as with farming (ex cooking time of meal)?

- they will be separate for every skill?

- there will be some new skill with new receipts?

When you'll get the NPCs in, will you get the full blown option or go from simpler/easier ones, before introducing complex characters?

- Is there going to be a community first

- or for example 3-5 separate ones, like some redneck fred (spawned as meta event close to the player with shotgun and start killing zombies in signt, drawing them to himself and dying in agony), secretary lilly (will survive 2-3 days dying of starvation?), angry bob (spawn with bat, will survive 1-2 week killing zombies/player/npc that wander around his area, dying of starvation once he's house has no food), wandering carl (will survive 4-6 weeks and die from dehydration - changing a house once food runs out)