41.73 UNSTABLE RELEASED

Batsphinx

We've updated Unstable with another hotfix:

- Increased allowed map_meta.bin and map_zone.bin file size from 20MB to 50MB in multiplayer.

Community translations were also updated, alongside Radio translations (<3)

Barring any reports of things somehow breaking catastrophically with this, this is likely the build that will be pushed to Stable soon.
Thanks for any reports of possible showstoppers (clyde)

I'm aware the phenomenon of zombies spawning inside our bases is know.  An interesting thing I noted (on the 4th batch to spawn =(  ) was that when one of the bitters finally dropped a house key, the key wasn't for the building we were in.  

EDIT:  Another interesting thing I have noticed is that I am playing a run with all sprinters, and some of the zombies spawning in my base have definitely been sprinters, but I've seen two now that were definitely shamblers instead.  Some of the others get shot in the head before I really see them move, so I can't even be sure.

Edited by Kyle Middleton
Update

HOTFIX August 2nd

- Added a new volume slider to the Audio options which affects the jump-scare sound.
- Prevent Corpses and other very heavy/large things (Item Weight/Encumberance of 5 and above) from being put in backpacks.
- Fixed a redundant/duplicate exclusive trait definition in MainCreationMethods.lua that could allow the Obese trait to be taken twice under some circumstances.
- Fixed BuildingDef.calculateMetaID() and RoomDef.calculateMetaID() possibly creating the same ID for different buildings or rooms. This was why zombies would respawn in some already-seen rooms.

15 hours ago, nasKo said:

HOTFIX August 2nd

- Prevent Corpses and other very heavy/large things (Item Weight/Encumberance of 5 and above) from being put in backpacks.

While this might add to realism it heavily removes from the enjoyment of what is already the game's least fun aspect, inventory management and dealing with the health damage from being even slightly encumbered. 
I am mid playthrough in a game right now in 41.73 but now unless a modder reverts this I think that guy is shelved now. :(

Indie Guys, the Linux players who bought the game via GOG are still stuck with 41.71... It has been like this for pretty much every update since I bought the game. Can't you self-host the game with a direct download? Pretty please? Kinda sucks getting the short end of the stick with every update again and again...

We've pushed an update reverting (i.e. removing) the following part from the last hotfix:

It made its way into the build unintentionally. It will be fleshed out a little more and likely find its way into 41.74, instead, in more refined form.

2 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Was there a small patch just now? Steam had a PZ pending update when I booted up now.

There was a 41.73 Unstable Hotfix. I got this information from their discord under the Patchnotes announcement section. 

• nasKo unpinned this topic

We've released a patch to the Unstable branch.

- znet library was rebuilt on all platforms.
- Migrated to newer Steam API.
- Steam network logs are added.
- SteamGeneric packet was removed.
- Old steam session info was removed.
- SteamGameServer.BUpdateUserData method call is removed as deprecated

This Hotfix is hopefully fixing the Linux server crashes.
Please let us know about crashes and performance.

If you continue to experience crashes on the Unstable branch after this hotfix, as before: please send us your hs_err_pid**.log file (you'll find this in the server installation folder) in addition to a .zip file of your Home/Zomboid folder (remove the "Saves" folder from it to save space). If you're submitting them outside of our Discord techsupport channel, please make sure to provide a download link from your filesharing service of choice.

Note: Despite being the same version number, the Stable and Unstable branch are different. Make sure your players are on the same branch as the server. We'll bump up the version number soon so it'll result in a clearer error message

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:56 PM, Blake81 said:

I know this is prolly a bit late, but can we please have a better long-term Gas-Storage containers? Maybe using the Metal Drums you find all over the map? It's still hella inefficient to only be able to store gas in bottles and cans. On most of my +2 months playthrus, 70% of all my storage containers are filled with nothing but gas cans.

I mean, you always can use mods for fuel containers, but talking about vanilla yeah we could use some options